• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help finding/deciding on a jet runabout/bowrider

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ah, the SX210 with the aftermarket tower, not the red AR210. As a Nebraska Husker fan and lifelong Iowa Hawkeye hater, I don’t disagree with you.
You know how a Raiders fan counts to 10?
0 and 1
0 and 2
0 and 3

baldnspicy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I would say given your initial budget buying a used boat with Jet drives is not a good Idea if your not 100% ready to do your own maintenance...

I didn't look for a poll but I'll bet the majority of the folks here that put any hours on their boat do at least some of their own maintenance...

for me I moved to the Keys and had a list of requirements from Rear Adm. Lower Half Blond Beach Barbie:

Sufficient Beer cooler capacity
RED
High FreeBoard (dont want to fall out)
Good Sound system
place to lay out in the sun
easy in and out of the water
BBQ Grille

My requirements were:
<10K
daily use capable
Jet drive
reasonably fast
shallow draft
sound system
stripper pole

Im still sneaking up on it but Im down to just the stripper pole LOL (this place is a bad influence) [flag]
Thank you. Yes, I know I have a lot of limiting factors in my search. I'm not opposed to getting under the hood and doing my own maintenance. Maintenance is one thing, replacing head gaskets are another. I will definitely plan on doing my own regular maintenance, but would leave any big stuff to the pros.

Last edited:

baldnspicy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Any guesses on why this would be so cheap? I'm not looking for a 24' boat, but it seems like a great value compared to others on BoatTrader for $40k+

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any guesses on why this would be so cheap? I'm not looking for a 24' boat, but it seems like a great value compared to others on BoatTrader for $40k+

Scam, we have not seen 242’s under $30k in ages. (Which we did see). But the Galvanized trailer in the green neighborhood tells me that boat is not in Idaho.

NeoBrew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Lots of help and suggestions on here. Good luck finding the unicorn.

If you want to save money and have a cheap hobby, don't buy a boat. Have you thought about knitting?

Seriously, you just might find a lucky buy somewhere. You should consider a national search and be ready to drive it back home if you really want to find a bargain. If you want a boat anytime soon you either need to double your budget or settle for a fixer upper. ..just being real and cutting to the chase.

I'd also be careful of scams. Before I bought my 210 FSH I inquired about a few deals on eBay that seemed too good to be true...they were.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
has those ultra rare 180HP MR-1's in it... or maybe a repower with 1.8 svo's ??

baldnspicy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Scam, we have not seen 242’s under $30k in ages. (Which we did see). But the Galvanized trailer in the green neighborhood tells me that boat is not in Idaho.
Yep, I'm familiar with craigslist scams and figured this had to be one of them. :)

baldnspicy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Lots of help and suggestions on here. Good luck finding the unicorn.

If you want to save money and have a cheap hobby, don't buy a boat. Have you thought about knitting?

Seriously, you just might find a lucky buy somewhere. You should consider a national search and be ready to drive it back home if you really want to find a bargain. If you want a boat anytime soon you either need to double your budget or settle for a fixer upper. ..just being real and cutting to the chase.

I'd also be careful of scams. Before I bought my 210 FSH I inquired about a few deals on eBay that seemed too good to be true...they were.
Thanks. I know it's not inexpensive to own a boat, and I know my chosen budget is fairly low - especially when considering jet boats. I'll definitely be careful of scams.