• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Question for newby, what does WOT mean?

KeepRmovin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What does WOT mean? I'm a newby..

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wide Open Throttle!!!!
or was it
Working On Tan???

Hell now Im not so sure....

Welcome aboard!!!!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wide Open Throttle.
If all is set correctly, the throttle plate opens at the maximum position, allowing the most air, and most power into the engine, when the throttle levers are fully engaged all the way forward.

similar to Full Thottle

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Couple i find intersting.

KeepRmovin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you! I picked up a new 2020 195s about 2 months ago and love it, but had NO IDEA that there was a break in period, no one at the dealership even mentioned it. Seems to be running great, hits about 47 MPS without a problem on smooth water but I do most cruising at about 25 or so. Do you think that not breaking it in properly will cause any issues?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't over think it, what is done is done. The break in period is so everything seat's properly. Did you read your Manual???? Please read your Manual from front to back, it is in there.

Did you do your 10hr service yet? Either yourself or with the Dealer?

How many hours on the engines now?

Are you salt or fresh water? Do you flush engine's?

KeepRmovin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Honestly haven't even looked at the manual, picked it up and was boating 45 minutes later from Red Wing MN to Lake Pepin WI.. I will pull it out and take a look tonight. I'm in fresh water, live by the St. Croix near Prescott WI, boat on the river, Minnetonka, Prior Lake, etc.. I just called the dealership and they said that the engineers at Yamaha said there is no concern with break in period the engine is made to be run out of the box so agree with your comment no need to overthink it.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You should know that, in WI, it stands for "way over there" as in:

"Grandpa, where did you put your reading glasses?"
"WOT?"
"WHERE DID YOU PUT YOUR READING GLASSES"
"Way over there!"

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@KeepRmovin Unfortunately I am not sure the Dealer is giving you the proper info. Break-In is in the Manual and Required. It is also required that you do a 10hr service as well as additional Hr services as you go along. You can't do anything over spilled milk, but you should read everything that is required for your boat and engines, otherwise you could have Warranty issues, or a boat that has many issues going forward. If the dealer is telling you that, you need to find a new Dealer cause they are wrong. The fact that they said that is not good.

Also, if it was my boat, I would have them put that shit they told you in writing on their letterhead and have the dealer owner sign it so if the day does come and you have an issue or warranty work that is denied for lack of proper maintenance or whatever reason that you have something for recourse. Also if you have only the 1 year warranty then it will be on your dime after that. It is your boat to do with as you wish though.

Last edited:

KeepRmovin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good comments, thank you I apprecaite the input and will talk to him when I stop in

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
It’s what you say to give your wallet nightmares - Wide Open Throttle.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@KeepRmovin Unfortunately I am not sure the Dealer is giving you the proper info. Break-In is in the Manual and Required. It is also required that you do a 10hr service as well as additional Hr services as you go along. You can't do anything over spilled milk, but you should read everything that is required for your boat and engines, otherwise you could have Warranty issues, or a boat that has many issues going forward. If the dealer is telling you that, you need to find a new Dealer cause they are wrong. The fact that they said that is not good.

Also, if it was my boat, I would have them put that shit they told you in writing on their letterhead and have the dealer owner sign it so if the day does come and you have an issue or warranty work that is denied for lack of proper maintenance or whatever reason that you have something for recourse. Also if you have only the 1 year warranty then it will be on your dime after that. It is your boat to do with as you wish though.
I am not disagreeing on proper break in, but here is my $.02. I have broken in a number of Yamaha engines as per the manual. And whenever it says vary the throttle and don't keep it constant, allow cool down and then run it again. That more or less means, run that thing like you stole it, as long as you don't exceed the recommended RPM's (smile)

Yamaha waverunner engines are some of the most bulletproof on the market. It's the very reason they are sitting in the majority of the rental shops, it's not because they are cheap, that's for sure. (and yes, those engines in your boat are waverunner engines)

On another note, I am surprised that River Valley would not have mentioned the break in, but by no means does that lessen their knowledge. As they are probably the largest Yamaha boat dealer in the a 5-state region for sure with multiple locations. They are very reputable. And with that, it may have slipped upon delivery.

Run em! And if the ECU is like any other Yamaha I have broken in, you will find that the ECU will loosen up the performance after a certain number of hours and there will be a noticeable difference in performance!

Have fun! and welcome, from North Central Minnesota!

ctyke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Red Wing?, I'm guessing you bought your boat at the same place I did. The dealership told me no break-in was needed, didn't tell me about the 10 hour service. Sales guy said jump in it and go, no break-in needed. Thanks to this forum I didn't believe him and just smiled and waved goodbye.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Each to their own. Manual indicates a break-in and a 10 hr service, as well as the dealer that I went to his is quite large as well. I would assume that the MFG isn't just burning ink to put that in there regardless of positive experiences people who have done otherwise have had.

@ctyke I concur, this forum has been the most valuable find for me and my boat than I would of expected. :)