• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Question on install on 2017 Yamaha Limited SE

TSX1017

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am doing a stereo upgrade on our 2017 Yamaha 242 Limited SE. I had a few questions about the factory Polk system. I located the Polk module and I see speaker wire. I have not seen anything with RCAs. Trying to locate the inputs/outputs. I have done some searching and it seems like the newer Yamaha’s have the fusion unit in the transom with the RCAS. I have looked behind the helm with no luck.

Are mine in transom remote as well.

I’ll attach some pictures of my findings. Pictures of the Polk unit in the cockpit dry storage, behind the helm, and transom Polk unit.

Thanks

Attachments

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Sounds like you'll need an amp with speaker level inputs or use a converter that will drop the speaker level to line levels for the new amp.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
A DMM will be your friend here, if you can't find a wiring guide (even though I would still double check). Speaker pairs are typically the twisted pairs (white(FL),grey(FR),green(RL),grey(RR)) and are usually the thinnest wires. I would start there and identify those, measure for ~4ohms resistance with everything turned off.

Once you identified those, there shouldn't be too many wires left. The next identifiers are power/ground/remote. Find those three and mark those. What is left, in theory, should be your signal wires. They might be high or low voltage. I would disconnect the speakers then run a 1khz test tone through the radio and fade/balance in each direction to determine which wires correlate to the which signal. (F/B or L/R).