• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Question Re ride quality

AdamK195S

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hello, I've just purchased a 2022 195s that'll be using on the northeastern ICW and Larger lakes, home waters will be the South Jersey coast. I've read some articles and reviews re ride quality but need some honest feed back. With the 18 degree deadrise will it be difficult to keep from pounding on the median days or do i need to pick perfect days only? I grew up boating and owned my own boats for close to 30 years so I have reasonable knowledge handling boats in less then desirable conditions. Any feedback welcome.
Cheers,
Adam

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hello, I've just purchased a 2022 195s that'll be using on the northeastern ICW and Larger lakes, home waters will be the South Jersey coast. I've read some articles and reviews re ride quality but need some honest feed back. With the 18 degree deadrise will it be difficult to keep from pounding on the median days or do i need to pick perfect days only? I grew up boating and owned my own boats for close to 30 years so I have reasonable knowledge handling boats in less then desirable conditions. Any feedback welcome.
Cheers,
Adam
:Welcome:
Depends on your definition of comfort. I've seen guys ripping across small chop in bass boats and it looks like their heads are about to pop off, and they don't seem to mind. Your 195s will ride better than that. I don't mind some chop, but my wife hates it, although she likes the ride of our boat much better than our older boats. This one has a 20 degree deadrise compared to 8 degree on our last boat - go-kart to cadillac difference for us. If the wind picks up and it gets choppy, we just slow down to 12-13mph which pushes the bow up to plow through the waves...nice smooth ride. Our old boat would bounce and slap making for a poor ride at anything above idle.

Enjoy the new boat!

PS - might want to move this to the 19ft sub-forum for more visibility.