• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Question. Short Bunks for rear of scarab trailer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
I have a 2021 255 Center console with a Scarab trailer. I am very experienced with boats, but I am struggling with centering this boat perfect on the trailer. Being a flat bottom boat and not deep vhaul. The boat seems to be off kilter to one side or the other by 2-3 inches all the time. Has anyone put short bunks on their trailer and do they work ? Is there a brand you recommend ?

Attachments

WaveJunkie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I really like this idea. Have you chosen which set up you want?

Joatmon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
I'm late to the party but make sure the bunks are tall enough to be exposed when you have the trailer backed in the water. I have a small fishing boat with guide bunks but were too low so worthless. I made PVC pipe posts for the fishing boat. One the Scarab I purchased and installed posts to the trailer with the rotating pipe and foam protective cover. I placed all the way to the back of the trailer to guide the boat as soon as it is over the trailer. I have to deal with wind and tide current so I could not load on the trailer without them. They are somewhat forgiving so will flex to bring you to center.