• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Questions about my new 2018 Scarab 195 Open

Dthiss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Hi folks, I just had my first outing on my new 195 Open HO (250hp) . I went out to get used to driving a jet boat before we take it on vacation in 2 weeks. A couple of questions came up. First in neutral the boat idles about 1700 rpm. Seems high to me, but what do you guys think? Also there is an option in the settings called neutral offset (or something like that). I assume this is to try to balance forward/reverse movement while in neutral, but the Scarab manual is absolutely useless. Am I correct in my assumption? My boat moves a ship load while in neutral. Much more than I thought it would /should. Right now the offset is set to -1. I didn’t really mess with it cause I couldn’t find it mentioned in the manual at all. Here’s a pic of the boat thanks for your help.

Attachments

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I can't comment on the rest (I don't have the fancy electronic options you have) but the 1700RPM is normal for idle.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You know where it’s set now so play with it and see if it makes a difference you can always put it back to where it was.

JusFlyinBy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi folks, I just had my first outing on my new 195 Open HO (250hp) . I went out to get used to driving a jet boat before we take it on vacation in 2 weeks. A couple of questions came up. First in neutral the boat idles about 1700 rpm. Seems high to me, but what do you guys think? Also there is an option in the settings called neutral offset (or something like that). I assume this is to try to balance forward/reverse movement while in neutral, but the Scarab manual is absolutely useless. Am I correct in my assumption? My boat moves a ship load while in neutral. Much more than I thought it would /should. Right now the offset is set to -1. I didn’t really mess with it cause I couldn’t find it mentioned in the manual at all. Here’s a pic of the boat thanks for your help.
Nice boat :)

You're correct in your assumption. Go ahead and back it down if you still have forward creep in nuetral.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Very sharp looking boat! Love the color. Oh, welcome to the forum :Welcome:!!!!

As noted, 1700 RPMs is normal. With our boats we're able to find a true neutral. You have -15, 0, 15 (total of 31) increments to find that sweat spot. Each increment moves the bucket(s) 1mm up or down to keep the boat from moving forward or backwards. You could use the +15 to troll (albeit might be too slow).

Take lots of pictures and share them with us. Lov pictures of boats on the water. Have fun and let us know if you need anything.

Dthiss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Weeb, JusFlyinBy and Dean thanks for your help.