• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Questions regards to purchasing Yamaha SX or AR

As far as depreciation...boats are in a bit of a bubble right now. Used ones are holding there value really well. But there is no guarantee that will continue.

It wasn’t that long ago that you could put 25% down, make payments for 3-4 years and still be upside down.

Coming from a no tower boat... the tower alone, being just something to grab or hold onto is invaluable. Bimini there but totally out of the way is awesome too.

Before you go dropping on a 15 year loan.. please do the math... you will be amazed at how much you pay in interest. If you want, I can break it down for you if need be.

So I was looking at a new 212 limited- for planing purposes I said “ Ok 50k on the Yamaha 180 month term of like 3.9% for 60 months and 7.9% for the remaining 120 months...
After the 60 Months I would of paid 25k..
11k went to interest..
14k went to the boat..
So I still owed 34k and still had 120 more months “ 10 years” of payments.
All said and done I would of paid around 25k in interest..

Not a chance in hell...
This is why 5 year old Yamahas tend to pop on the market every year.. lots of people stroll in and don’t do the math and are Like” 0% down.. he’ll ya!! Let’s roll the tax and License with an additional $1,000-$1,500 in accessories. Fast forward 5 years later.. now their interest rate jumped... and they don’t use it as much.. time to sell. For some people it’s their only option... but it’s not what most would consider a wise option. It’s funny to see a 5 year old boat listed for 3k less than a Brand new one, and now you know why.

I love when people list their 3,4,5,8 year old boat and say “ Like New”... it”s 8 years old... there ain’t nothing new about it lol.. anyways rant over. Yamahas do hold their value really well, but you gotta take care of them. I recently bought a used 2014 212x, so I know what you are going through. Best of luck, lots of info on here and lots of friendly people to steer you straight.

The AR is worth the extra money. I would not buy a new boat as my first boat. I bought my first boat new a ar195 last year. Traded it in already. I would buy a bigger boat. You will never say shit babe we bought too big a boat.
Garage part my garage is 19ft 6" and fit by about 2 inches. If you go that rout do this. Buy one of those foam fenders when you get your boat. Take the cover off both sides and glue them to your back wall. That way you don't damage the wall or the boat.

Can’t really take the tower off but the tower does lower all the way if need be.
on a 2019, the tower folds down enough to get it through the garage , at least a 7 ft door variety

We have a 2018 AR190 and love it. If top speed is a priority go with the 195, if decent fuel consumption is a priority go 190. Sure at times I wish I had a Lil more pop, but we really cruise in the 23 to 30 mph zone. For me the other extras of the 195 weren't a priority vs. The price. I removed the tower stops to lower the tower below the windshield and it easily clears my garage height of 82 ". We boat in Southeastern Ma and Rhode Island which is a similar environment to yours and the boat handles reasonable seas good, you just need to pick your days and conditions, which I would do even on a bigger boat. Good luck.

Consider this very seriously. Worse case scenario you are $20k out for the everything.
In my book the extra 15k are not worth a new boat. especially for a first bit that you are going to bang left and right h till you get the hung of it. At the end of the day beside the 40 gallon tank vs 30 gallon all other critical components are the same a new one. If you want to get a peace of mind get a marine inspection.

Back