• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Questions while Trailering - Bimini and Silicone Cover

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Have a couple of questions:
1. Installed Bimini canvas today and noticed a tag that says do not go over 45mph. Do you guys with 242’s Bimini’s trailer your boats to the lake with the Bimini installed or do you put it up when you get there? This was my first time installing it and it was a bit cumbersome. Guessing if I can keep my car speed under 50mph, it should be ok but I thought to ask?

2. Do you trailer your boat with the Silicone cover installed on the Fusion remote in the back? Seems like the fit is loose on mine and I’m worried it will go flying on the highway or even during boating? How’s the fit on yours and when do you use that cover if the fit is also loose?

3. last Q, does your Bimini come with one or two straps in the front on the inside right at the solar panel flap? Mine came with one and it looks like it should have two, placed on either side of the flap but not sure? Could be a factory defect hence the Q? I’ll post a picture soon. Thx

6B3C94C7-7176-4179-8020-71497ABD1873.jpegC6FB5E8A-F932-42DD-A7C5-080091551974.jpegF9DC5F38-37BD-4D31-874B-C31D6D79DBDC.jpeg

Last edited:

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@ZGhost The Bimini question comes up frequently, here is my take from another thread:

When I first got mine, I left the fabric top on The first few tows, speeds up to 75 mph on the highway. Bimini and towers were fine. A flock of birds flew over the boat while it was sitting in the yard one day and made a real mess. Bird crap is hard to get out of canvas, so I took it off to clean it. The next time I trailered to the lake with the Canvas off, I decided I would never trailer with the Bimini on again because:
1. My mpg was 1-2 mpg better with the canvas off, and the ride was way easier, less buffeting and checking my mirror to see if the Bimini blew off!
2. Once you figure the process out, the top takes no more than a few minutes on and off.
3. Think long term, do you really want that nice black canvas to be baking in the sun all week?Probably won’t be easy to find replacement canvas in 5 years...”

I didn’t get the cover with my radio, but others on here have said they lost theirs in short order. Best to keep off until you’re worried about bumping it.

I have one Velcro piece like you. I believe it’s just there to help in aligning while putting the top on.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I agree with all of @Pipbecks points regarding the bimini. I also did not get a cover for the swim deck Fusion head ?? Was it on when you took delivery or hidden somewhere in the boat ?

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I keep my Bimini on unless I'm trailering a long distance.

I never got a cover for mine..... somehow, the volume knob broke off of mine last year. No idea how it happened. Have a 3 year warranty on my boat and dealer said radio only has a 1 year warranty. Only way to fix is replace the entire unit. Sucks!

IMG_5134.JPG

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
My bimini stays on unless I'm towing long distance.

My silicone cover stays on. It seems to fit fairly snug.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Shookie, I would contact Fusion and try to make a case. What are you losing?
also, if nothing pans out, try to fix it using another knob and a small screw that you can drill a hole in the center there for it. Your last chance is to use the Fusion app as your remote. Not that you want to have your phone on the swim deck but some do. Make sure it’s in a floating bag/cover.