• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Quick anchor locker fix

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am not sure I am understanding how this leak works....is it leaking underneath the drain plug? If i were to fill around the drain plug it would solve this problem? or is it the drain tube not connect properly to the drain plug?

Any help is appreciated,
Well, the major problem is that the drain “tube” doesn’t extend far enough to go all the way through both shells of the hull. If you look in your anchor locker, you will see an unfinished hole at the bottom. If you stick your finger in the hole about 1/4”, you’ll reach the finished plastic piece of the outside drain.

So, water comes in and goes out as you hit waves. The suspicion is that once the water comes in, that it seeps between the inner and outer hull and goes down to the bilge. I don’t use my anchor that often, and don’t usually feel like I need extra help keeping the compartment dry, so plugging the hole should alleviate the issue.

Now, I’m wondering if the actual drain itself is not sealed well. And, that’s how my water got in this last time out.

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Well, the major problem is that the drain “tube” doesn’t extend far enough to go all the way through both shells of the hull. If you look in your anchor locker, you will see an unfinished hole at the bottom. If you stick your finger in the hole about 1/4”, you’ll reach the finished plastic piece of the outside drain.

So, water comes in and goes out as you hit waves. The suspicion is that once the water comes in, that it seeps between the inner and outer hull and goes down to the bilge. I don’t use my anchor that often, and don’t usually feel like I need extra help keeping the compartment dry, so plugging the hole should alleviate the issue.

Now, I’m wondering if the actual drain itself is not sealed well. And, that’s how my water got in this last time out.
I don't even have an anchor at this point....and I have some flex seal tape that I am itching to use for something....shouldn' be too much of an issue to just cover the whole mess and worry about draining it in the future.

Thanks for the help,

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Is that 2” long? That would be way better for my situation, though I’m still wondering whether i need to reseal the drain fitting.
I would. The best solution is to seal around the drain collar from outside and extending in then seal from the inside to reach the lip of the collar. Finally add the plug to prevent water from coming in and when you need to drain out water that came from the top around the locker cover, you pull the plug out temporarily to drain.
That’s what I’m going to do. Just trying to make sure I read to find the right plug size.