• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Quick Question - Clean Out Ports

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How much water should I expect to have in my clean out ports after being on the water? My last boat had no water in the ports but then again when I bought that boat they were fused in and couldn't be removed. On my new boat every time I have taken it out when I go to remove the clean out plugs I have a lot of water in each port above the plugs. It all gushes out once I pull the plugs but I am wondering if that is normal.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I assume it's normal. ..I have the same thing

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Perfectly normal.....seen it since 2006 on both my LS2000 and SX230. Remember to remove the plugs after every outing, without fail. Then they won't ever stick again. But yes, this is normal. Even after driving 20 miles home from the ramp.

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I agree... It's normal.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just experienced the same thing, I went back to check the plug again about a week later after I drained the water above the plug. I pulled the plug and tipped it sideways and realized water was up in the plastic housing. Just a note to make sure you tip it sideways prior to winter and freezing temps.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just experienced the same thing, I went back to check the plug again about a week later after I drained the water above the plug. I pulled the plug and tipped it sideways and realized water was up in the plastic housing. Just a note to make sure you tip it sideways prior to winter and freezing temps.
I take mine in the house for the winter. They just go in the "boat box" with the other stuff I don't want frozen...

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's normal. My boat has water in the tubes 95% of the trips and dry those other few times.

Many people swear it is because of water coming onto the swim deck when the boat is suddenly stopped. I'm sure that can contribute but my SX210 rarely has water come up on the swim platform. I've even taken the boat on the lake and paid attention to the swim deck when slowing or stopping and didn't have water on the swim deck but found water in the tubes later. I think the water forces itself past the plug gasket.

Either way it's no big deal. Pull the plugs after every trip to the lake. Even if you keep your boat in a slip I'd pull the plugs. I just pull mine, turn them 90 degrees, and let them sit above the locked in position in the tube.

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I only have water on top of the clean out plugs when I have a busy day of stop and go, tubing, skiing, etc.....

As has been said, be sure to remove after every outing and let sit inside the compartment, otherwise they will become stuck. I also leave mine out of the boat for winter storage as they get a lot of water in them and I don't want them to freeze...

Eric

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Normal. I don't have a ton of water on mine or up in the tube but I always have a little on top of the plug.