• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Quick question...

Jeep7797

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So yesterday I was boating in a different river than usual, I got a small rock or sand stuck in the reverse gate on 3 different occasions while pulling up to or away from a sandbar. Twice on only 1 side then the last was both gates.This has only happened one other time since I've had the boat and every outing I'm on multiple sandbars. Is there maybe a change there is slightly too much of a gap between the gate and housing or is it a fluke thing? It's a 08 ar230. The boats in the water for a few more days so I really can't look at it but I don't recall there being a ton or too much space there.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Are you powering off the beach if so don't you are not only throwing things up behind the boat but also throwing things into the pump.
Also avoid using reverse when coming in to park the boat for the same reason, this is common at boat ramps also when powering off trailers the reverse thrust goes back and down so it throws up a lot of things off the bottom in shallow water.
The new electronic controlled reverse gates are having more of that same issue also
Or if you are parking the boat bow first on the beach waves and other boat traffic is pushing things up in the nozzle area. Here is one that was done intentionally I wonder how much crap he got in his pump and reverse gate. The class of 2024.
1720186052023.jpeg

Last edited:

Jeep7797

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's probably when I'm backing off that it's throwing things up and getting stuck in there. I was just thinking with a smaller tolerance maybe it would eliminate that. Even same tolerance but a thin Teflon washer or something?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You will eventually end up getting something in your impeller and when you are running the engines in shallow water the pumps are turning and stirring up sand and silt and using that contaminated water to cool the engines thus placing the silt in the water jackets so the honest answer is anchor it out from the beach

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well I Have a few years of experience on the water had my first boat at 14 years old back in 1966