• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Radio breaker trips

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Installing new radio infinity prv315. When it tries to turn on, it pops the breaker. Weirdly, if I connect it to just constant power, it still trips. If I give it a direct ground to battery, it still pops.

All other items work (blowers, other acc items). The radio has a 10A fuse that isnt tripping (possibly because the breaker trips first?). Do these breakers go bad? Any other things it could be besides the radio or breaker itself?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
If you connect it directly to the battery (+,-) does it pop the 10A fuse? Can you swap to a different breaker?

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you connect it directly to the battery (+,-) does it pop the 10A fuse? Can you swap to a different breaker?
After doing a bit of googling this this is my first course of action. Looks like these breakers are kind of known for going bad.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
After doing a bit of googling this this is my first course of action. Looks like these breakers are kind of known for going bad.
Buy 2, just in case. ;)

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Buy 2, just in case. ;)
If the fused jumper works, I will likely just swap it for the nav light breaker for now. But yeah I will probably order a few... if that one is busted the blower and bilge ones cant ve far behind.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Keep us posted in what you do and how it was resolved. It helps us all.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, I tried out a fuse instead of the breaker, didnt seem to fix it. I think I'm gonna run a new power and ground from the batteries, and see if that helps, and then concede that the radio is DOA.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did some extra testing today and confirmed that the radio is in fact, DOA. That sucks.