• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rage on the River, Sacramento 2014

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ever since @rjclark mentioned it I've wanted to attend this event, so I did so yesterday. First, I'm glad i did. Second, I would not so again.

Pros: The high was 95 and there were plenty of beautiful women in skimpy bikinis gyrating to music.

Cons: Lots of cops (at one point I had 6 on pwcs behind the boat, two on shore nearby giving tickets and at least one more circling the perimeter), lots of people with boats, many of which seemingly rarely boat and some drinking, all trying to occupy the same limited space. The "Sponsors" did a horrible job advertising the event and didn't even have a boat (that I could identify) on the water. Why they scheduled this for a Sunday is beyond me.

It is 50 from my launch point to Discovery Cove where the event was held, each way took 3 hours because of all the slow splines (and cops patrolling them). I left at 6:30 am and got home and semi unloaded at 11:30 pm. My friend is trying to hook up with a gorgeous "cougar" that was in the boat we rafted up to around mid day. We ended up leaving in a rush after the raft (of at least 20 boats) in front us us broke free and drifted into our bow. Our raft was literally surrounded at the bow by all the boats tied together by the raft of boats infront of us. Luckily I was able to drag the box anchor from under them, detach the lines holding me to the raft end get the hell out of there quickly.

I flew three times taking pics and video with both the vision and gopro camera. I also took toms of pics with the dslr. Someone else was flying a gen one paphantom yesterday and the cops could careless, some even waved to the camera. I saw at least one water ballon thrown at my phanton (it wasn't even close) and most people reacted positively (waved, hollered, posed, danced) when I flew by or over head. I'm still not comfortable flying over people (it just something I've always avoided doing in the past).

Again, I had a good time and am glad I went. Whenever I trip up to Sacramento I will be sure to spend at least a few hours in Discovery Cove (from what I can tell its the locals "skiers beach") but I won't make the effort just to go to Wake the World, especially if its on a Sunday again.

Pics and links to follow.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is a video a put together last night. I need to speed up a section of the first flight to make it a little shorter. I only flew three times and not very far, I still don't like flying over people and I just wasn't "feeling it" flying wise that day.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Verry cool !!!!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Super cool!! You need to make your avatar a pic of you and your boat from the air.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good idea Murf, I will try and take a few pics this weekend.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is my second video of from that day. I used Windows Movie Maker for the first time on this and like it since it is much easier for me to combine footage from different cameras as well as mix pics with video and add special effects when compared to GoPro Studio. Looks like I'm going to stick with Movie Maker for the time being.

Here is a link to a video from another guy who was flying a phantom that day. As usual this video is better than mine. I'll be giving editing another shot soon as I went boating on the 4th and 5th last week.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That second pic is hilarious! At first I thought the dude had a chics ass! It really threw me off for a second. Had to shake my head and do a double take!!

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey Ronnie,
Looks like you had a blast. With most of our Ca lakes so low there's been heavy boat traffic on the delta and Sac River and the police/Sherriff/coast guard to match if not more. They never really put a damper on my fun anyway. Where did you start your trip from? Did you go straight up the Sac River? If so I know a short cut. There's too many "No Wake/ 5 Mph" zones for me me. Next time try going thru Steam Boat Slough. It will cut your time by 1 hour. It meets up with the sac river at steam boat beach. The " $5 beach "at this bridgeimage.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@BigN8 , I saw that optical illusion too, that's why I added a few more pics for clarification. I have a few more that are even closer but don't really feel comfortable posting them, even though she is a complete stranger too me. I hate lugging my Nikon DSLR around but love the pictures I can take with it and its 300 mm lense.

@1rjclark, I launched out of Brannon Island and went straight up past Islton, Locke, etc. We took SteamBoat Slough on the way back but in retrospect I should have taken in both ways to avoid some of the 5 mph zones. The trip up was a little over 3 hours and back was a little over 2, probably because we used steamboat slough plus we were in more of a rush to get home than get there. I had a good time but if I go again I'll be sure to make it a two day thing by staying at the embassy suites in old sac for one night. It kind of sucked that they scheduled the event for Sunday instead of Saturday. I've beached my boat on steamboat sloughs beach and saw the private beach sign but never got charged for being there. $5, maybe considering it is the best if not only beach around for miles.