• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

RAIN !!!

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So its been raining in NJ for about 2 days. Since I live on the saltwater, I figured I would keep the cover off the last few days to get a fresh water cleanse basically. Rear drain plug opened, and electronic on the dash covered. Any thoughts, good to this once in awhile, or should I go put that thing back on...

I've always been crazy about not getting her wet. I dont like the idea of water and general weather on the seats and surfaces but thats me. I drove by the local dealer and they had all the Yamahas open and in the rain for days. Yikes

I would keep her covered. With long exposure to rain your seats will start to absorb water and any other absorbant materials on the boat like carpet in storage areas. Water = mold

Hopefully you'll get some nice hot and sunny weather soon so that you can dry her out.

Even when I wash the boat, I don't hose her down. I vacuum her clean, then give the dash and seats a sponge bath, along with all the drainage areas around the seats and combing pockets. Then I mop the floor and clean the floor compartment drainage channels with a sponge. I wipe mist with water all the gelcoat and glass, mist with Hot Sauce, and dry with a towel followed by microfiber towel. I wash the outside with a hose, bucket of carwash, rinse, and use the same hot sauce and dry. I don't allow any water to soak into any area of the boat. If the boat is wet, it gets left out to dry prior to covering it. I have the fortune of a barn to store and dry it in. Once clean, it is covered with the cover, and in the barn. If I stored outside, I would have about 4 containers of damp rid in her under the cover. Once the rain stops, I would air her out.

I don't allow any water to soak into any area of the boat.

I am a little bit more lax. If my boat is in the water, especially if I have others with me, I do allow the bottom to soak a bit.

:smuggrin:

Must be nice to be a fresh water boater!

Gotta hose everything down after playing in the salt. I just wouldn't recommend a prolonged soak in the rain. A five minute hose down of the interior followed by a drying is plenty.

Back