• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Yamaha 195S Saltwater usage/maintenance

Thanks for the tip. Sorry my ignorance but what are anodes and the location on the boat?
anodes are blocks on your pump just behind the nozzles on the left side of the pump 1708291122974.jpeg

Noted, but could I use the Yamaha shield since I bought 4 cans of it already.

Nothing wrong with YamaShield. I have been using that and CorrosionX on my boat since purchased and have no issues or corrosion and i boat strictly in saltwater.
I wash everything down after every outing and spray YamaShield all over the engine compartment and on hinges, etc.. I use the CorrosionX on my trailer parts and the pump of the boat including the steering/bucket cables.

There are a ton of products available, so as long as you are using something instead of nothing, you should be good.

Nothing wrong with YamaShield. I have been using that and CorrosionX on my boat since purchased and have no issues or corrosion and i boat strictly in saltwater.
I wash everything down after every outing and spray YamaShield all over the engine compartment and on hinges, etc.. I use the CorrosionX on my trailer parts and the pump of the boat including the steering/bucket cables.

There are a ton of products available, so as long as you are using something instead of nothing, you should be good.

how often do you apply them? And could I use yamashield on the trailer and steering/bucket cables?

how often do you apply them? And could I use yamashield on the trailer and steering/bucket cables?

I spray down everything with Yamashield after every outing, wash, rinse, spray.
CorrosionX tends to stick to whatever you put it on and doesnt wash off easily, so that one I just monitor for when I need to retouch the surfaces i sprayed.
Yeah, you can use it on the trailer also, just make sure you wash and rinse all the salt off first and then spray.

I buy them by the box since I use them so often. Have been doing it to both the boat and the waverunner since purchased, so I go through alot of the Yama stuff.

Back