• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rainy Saturday Project, Spare Tire mounting

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Finished up mounting the spare tire with the lug nut lock and cover this afternoon, ready to rock next week!20171028_141144.jpg 20171028_141503.jpg 20171027_092304.jpg

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice, What mount? How much space between hull and tire?

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Found it on Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RJKB2FQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1&pldnSite=1
mounted as far forward as I could and I have about 5-6 inches (top and side) from the hull and tire. Tried it out yesterday under various conditions with a half a dozen launch and recoveries, clearance was great.20171025_133035.jpg I also turned the inside of the rim facing the road and that gave me another inch or so and I can measure the spare's air pressure and inflate without having to take the cover off. A fair warning don't buy the MasterLock lug nut lock it wouldn't allow the lug nut to pass through, I bought the fulton and it works great https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AXUPW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&pldnSite=1

Rufusthedog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
FYI, just bought the same with amazon one click. thanks for the post.