• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raising reverse buckets without engine running

S4451

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone know how to activate reverse buckets action without running the engine? I need to check that they are properly locking in the up position

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Yes, in the engine setting there is a page where you can activate the OVER RIDE button. The boat just needs to be on (not running). Once it turns color put the boat in gear and you'll hear the gate move.

S4451

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks. I’m going to try. It’s amazing that my dealer doesn’t know this stuff.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Sure, no problem. Let me know if you need anything.

S4451

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not sure if you can answer this specific question, but I entered the mode, put it in forward and the buckets lifted up. However, they didn’t engage into the locking mechanism. I was able to push them up further by hand and then they engaged with the lock
Is this abnormal?
The reason I’m doing all this is because my dealer had to disassemble the units and they didn’t put it back together properly.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Not sure if you can answer this specific question, but I entered the mode, put it in forward and the buckets lifted up. However, they didn’t engage into the locking mechanism. I was able to push them up further by hand and then they engaged with the lock
Is this abnormal?
The reason I’m doing all this is because my dealer had to disassemble the units and they didn’t put it back together properly.
I believe this is normal but not sure. I've never checked mine when they were up. I do know that at normal rest position they can lift up quit a bit.

S4451

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If anyone out there happens to have the opportunity to check to see if they engage the locking tab without having to push them up manually further, it would be very helpful. I don’t believe my dealer can answer these questions. They just don’t know these boats very much unfortunately.

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I"m not aware of any way to do this on Scarab. If you have Candoopro.com , it will let you activate the IBR and move the reverse buckets with the engine off. Here is a Video of what the range of movement should look like.

S4451

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the video. My 2019 215 allowed me to enter override mode with key in the on position and engines off. This is under the settings menu. In that mode the reverse gates moved up and down with the shift/throttle lever position without the engines running. There is a metal tab that I assume is supposed to engage a lock (see photo of the lock, I don't have photo of tab). My concern is that the gates aren't going up high enough to engage the lock. This is in override mode. Maybe in normal mode with the boat moving in the water it does engage. If someone is willing to try this with their boat out of the water (no need to run engines) and it engages the lock, then I know mine is not installed properly.

Attachments

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
last year my bucket didnt go up all the way some times and i had to adjust the bucket cable just a little bit, working fine since.

S4451

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I see there's a black ring that can be spun to lengthen or shorten the cable. Is it just a matter of unhooking the cable so you can lift the ring out and spin it? Or do you have to loosen/remove the jet assembly to do it?

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
If you have adjustment at the back of boat, yes small adjustments.
You can also also adjust it inside engine compartment on the IRS
Unit that the other end of that cable goes to.
After I adjusted the bucket I had to readjust my neutral position in dash settings.

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
No need to remove anything

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I was off 1turn on adjustment.

jeremie16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Hi all- new to the this group. so I think I have a bucket/reverse gate that's ever so slightly catching on the jet and I'd like to elevate it for it to stop. 2019 Scarab 195 - anyone have a pic or video to show me exactly what I need to tighten on the bucket to bring it up ever so slightly? many thanks!

jeremie16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
If you have adjustment at the back of boat, yes small adjustments.
You can also also adjust it inside engine compartment on the IRS
Unit that the other end of that cable goes to.
After I adjusted the bucket I had to readjust my neutral position in dash settings.
Hi - were you able to make the adjustement in the water or did you pull the boat out? thanks

jeremie16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I see there's a black ring that can be spun to lengthen or shorten the cable. Is it just a matter of unhooking the cable so you can lift the ring out and spin it? Or do you have to loosen/remove the jet assembly to do it?
hi! were you able to make it work? I have a similar issue, any tips? thanks!