• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ram 1500 Towing.

Dodi5

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
5-7% tongue weight is what Shoreland’r recommends. Move the post back. In my case, moving it back 6 inches gave me a tongue weight of 450 lbs.
Can you tell me the measurements please , when you get a minute, I’m buying the same exact boat and going to be towing it right away for 400 miles , thanks.

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Anchorsaweigh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
2018 1500 Sport here. Never had a towing issue. All stock, no leveling kit. Has towed everything I have attached to it without a hitch...pun intended.

IMG_6479.JPG

throttlebc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I added these to my 2019 5th gen Ram 1500 and it works great both with the boat and with a 28' enclosed trailer I had. We went camping this weekend with the bed loaded and the boat. I set the air spring pressure to 35'lbs and it was level and stable for a 300 mile round trip.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I added these to my 2019 5th gen Ram 1500 and it works great both with the boat and with a 28' enclosed trailer I had. We went camping this weekend with the bed loaded and the boat. I set the air spring pressure to 35'lbs and it was level and stable for a 300 mile round trip.

How do you fill those - just an air compressor at your house?

throttlebc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
How do you fill those - just an air compressor at your house?
Yes... the instructions were very good and I have a Schrader valve like a tire would have in the plastic next to the license plate. Everything came in the kit for the install. You will want a lift or tall jacks because you need to remove the rear coil springs. It's not hard, but it would be challenging with basic garage tools. As for air, any compressor will work but I have one of the Ryobi dual-function cordless compressors I keep with the boat that can fill tires and tubes. It's very handy. 18V ONE+™ DUAL FUNCTION INFLATOR/DEFLATOR | RYOBI Tools

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yes... the instructions were very good and I have a Schrader valve like a tire would have in the plastic next to the license plate. Everything came in the kit for the install. You will want a lift or tall jacks because you need to remove the rear coil springs. It's not hard, but it would be challenging with basic garage tools. As for air, any compressor will work but I have one of the Ryobi dual-function cordless compressors I keep with the boat that can fill tires and tubes. It's very handy. 18V ONE+™ DUAL FUNCTION INFLATOR/DEFLATOR | RYOBI Tools
Thanks - I have always been curious. I've got factory air ride on my 19 Ram, but my father in-law has been talking about putting bags on his truck for years.