• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

RAM Bed Rail Hooks

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
TL;DR I’ve found that hooks made for the Toyota Tundra and Tacoma box rails are a perfect match for the storage rails in a RAM.

IMG_1298.jpeg IMG_1299.jpeg

One of the reasons I selected a RAM over other brands is the Ramboxes and the bed organization. I really like the lockable, enclosed storage of the boxes. The “smaller” bed that results works well with the storage rails and divider. It is still ~50 inches wide, so no problem putting in 4’ wide stuff like any other truck. I just have less volume for dirt, rocks, and the like. My bed usage is more a big trunk so no worries. (I installed a BedRug too!). It came with a factory tonneau, I would’ve bought one anyway, but the package included LED lights in the bed. The Rambox config included storage rails on the side with adjustable cleats. I did have to buy the cargo divider myself as apparently there was an issue with including it at the time, related to it also being a bed extender. Apparently in such use it illegally blocked the tail lights So they were just not including them.

One disappointment is that I found there weren’t a lot of storage organization accessories that specifically worked with either the Ramboxes or the storage rails. I had seen dividers for the Ramboxes, but they were for the older model. When they finally came out for the current gen truck they were less versatile and ridiculously priced. A lot of tonneau covers were incompatible with the storage rails, so I was glad I had the factory cover. And there were no other accessories that leverages the storage rails. Even Mopar accessories didn’t use the OEM rails!

The other week I was on Toyota’s site, building different configs of Tundras and I saw something about storage rails and was thinking how similar they may be to the RAM ones. After a lot of Googling and checking Amazon I found nothing that explicitly said they were the same or compatible, but it looks like they are very popular on the Toyotas, and have a fair amount of accessories. I figured what the heck, I’ll just order something from Amazon and see if it works. And boom! Perfect fit. I dug out the cargo net from my old Tahoe and it’s a perfect setup in the back. I also found a cargo net on Amazon with hooks on blocks that slide into the rails. Amazon also has the mounts to use the OEM bed divider as a bed extender.