• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ramp-N-Clamp Installation Help/Advise

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Recently purchased and installed today a Ramp-N-Clamp after reading many positive reviews on this site and others. The installation went fairly smooth but uncertain of the final results. Attached is a video I took of clamp's free play as installed on the trailer. My question to Ramp-N-Clamp owners is if the free play on the video is too much too little or just right. A second question is reference the position of the Clamp when retrieving the boat. The clamp can be positioned to stay in a parallel or perpendicular position to the boat's bow eye hook. I imagine that I would need to position it perpendicular to the bow eye hook so that hits it slightly knocks down and eye hook slides into place. Is my assumption correct or those the retrieval position not matte? In my opinion the installation instructions were extremely generic and lacked much information.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am not a ramp and clamp guy but that doesn't look right. Looks like your boat would bounce on the trailer as you drove.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bought my RNC used and it did not come with instructions. Mine is attached to an mfi trailer with a bolted bow stop. It can be tilted by hand but only if I put a lot of my Weight on it. I have mine angled to match the angle of the boat when it is on the trailer. My boat cannot be teetered like yours by simply putting pressure on the deck of the bow, this in itself does not look right to me and makes me think your boat is not far enough up the bunks of the trailer. Maybe your bow stop needs to be moved forward. In summary based on what I saw in the video I recommend that you tighten the RNC so that it is hard to move by hand and angled so that it’s top surface roughly matches that of the bow of the boat. I also recommend that you do what you have to to prevent the boat from teetering like it apparently does when it is on the trailer. For clarification I would work the teetering issue first because you can live without the ramp n clamp but the thought of the boat teetering as you roll down the road is scary (with the understanding that the bow will be held down by the winch strap and or RNC plus the safety chain but still, I don’t think your or anyone’s boat should do that on its trailer).

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I bought my RNC used and it did not come with instructions. Mine is attached to an mfi trailer with a bolted bow stop. It can be tilted by hand but only if I put a lot of my Weight on it. I have mine angled to match the angle of the boat when it is on the trailer. My boat cannot be teetered like yours by simply putting pressure on the deck of the bow, this in itself does not look right to me and makes me think your boat is not far enough up the bunks of the trailer. Maybe your bow stop needs to be moved forward. In summary based on what I saw in the video I recommend that you tighten the RNC so that it is hard to move by hand and angled so that it’s top surface roughly matches that of the bow of the boat. I also recommend that you do what you have to to prevent the boat from teetering like it apparently does when it is on the trailer. For clarification I would work the teetering issue first because you can live without the ramp n clamp but the thought of the boat teetering as you roll down the road is scary (with the understanding that the bow will be held down by the winch strap and or RNC plus the safety chain but still, I don’t think your or anyone’s boat should do that on its trailer).
Ronnie thanks for the response and will try your suggestions. Interestingly the boat does not teeter up and down as I drive down the road. I have actually not had to do this yet but my fear is if 8 have to jam my brakes in an emergency I can then see the boat bouncing up and down.