• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ramp N Clamp installation review

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just wanted to report back on the Ramp N Clamp I purchased for my 2008 212X with a MFI trailer. At this time I have not had an opportunity to launch and retrieve the boat so this only relates to the installation.

The purchase was simple. I received confirmation immediately and shipping was very fast.

Note that I did NOT remove the boat nor did I push it back a foot like the instructions suggested. This made it more difficult but I managed.

You will need a deep 3/4" socket and ratchet, 3/4" wrench, hammer and silicone caulk.

I removed the bow eye nuts and tapped it out with a hammer. Installing the new one was not as easy as it is longer. I had to put a shoulder under the boat and pick it up to get the new one to clear the winch stand. A little silicone helped seal it. The new one sticks into the anchor locker a bit more.
IMG_2676rev1.jpg IMG_2679rev1.jpg IMG_2682rev1.jpg IMG_2685rev1.jpg

Last edited:

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I removed the roller and installed the clamp. This required me to pick up the boat again and my daughter wiggled the clamp into position. Then it was just a matter of putting the bolt through with the included spacers. It was an easy mod to do. I will report back after we have used it a few times.IMG_2687rev1.jpg IMG_2689rev1.jpg IMG_2694rev1.jpg

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Silicone is not a great sealant for boats. I have seen it shrink and open up allowing water into the backing material. Please use life caulk or even better 3m 5200. Keep the silicone for fish tanks and house trim. What makes the marine series caulks better is they are a bonding agent. Silicone when you take something apart can usually be peeled off as it does not bond well to anything. When it dries it hardens to a degree and that is it. When things flex, it is not bonded well and the weakest side will release creating the micro gap that allows moisture in. Just a little H2O knowledge to share.

My dad always told me, if it is temporary for a few days and will be removed then silicone is ok. If it is not to be touched for a season or two but will be removed at some point then use life caulk and if you never intend to remove it, 5200.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I removed the roller and installed the clamp. This required me to pick up the boat again and my daughter wiggled the clamp into position. Then it was just a matter of putting the bolt through with the included spacers. It was an easy mod to do. I will report back after we have used it a few times.View attachment 12141 View attachment 12142 View attachment 12143
Nice, let us know how it works. This is on the list for this winter, nice write up.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WOW, I'm impressed. Not with the install because that looks pretty straight forward (great write up by the way). But is that your daughter cutting the grass? How did you make that happen? ;) I need a step by step how to on that one (preferably with pics or video). Just kidding of course, I can't wait to read the reviews of how well the ramp n clamp works over time. I love the concept and the construction of it looks much better that the other ones on the market.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the wrote-up. I am also interested in this product and anxious to see your review once you use it a few times.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the info Englewoodcowboy. I'll keep some Life Caulk on the shelf.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The great thing about life caulk is that you can use the tube more than once. Twice now I have had a tube of 5200 dry up on me. That stuff isn't cheap either.

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Thanks for the info!

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Installed and used mine this weekend. Worked like a champ and even impressed the wife. "That was so much easier"

Top Bottom