• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ramp-n-clamp

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
anyone familiar with this.
looks like a good product using stolz roller material. not sure if it would work with my boat because of a more rounded hull design, but watching the videos, it does look like a nice product
what do you all think
teamtalk20 coupon code will get you 20% off
www.ramp-n-clamp.com

Last edited:

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like it.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like it would make loading much easier.

I know that some guys used a similar product called a Boat Buddy with mixed reviews. If memory serves me correctly, the latch would have a tendency to bend over time if the boat slid back while on the bunks. Once it was bent, it wouldn't automatically set.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have been using a boat buddy ii for a few years now, it's my second one. If the boat's weight is allowed to rest against the locking pin for an extended period of time or if the boat is not centered properly during retrieval the pin may bend which can make it hard to release and keep it from engaging as well. The cover is a relatively soft plastic that cracks easily and it is the only part that is sold separately should you need a spare. For what it costs ($100 to $120) it's been a good aid for me.

I've looked into some competing products, one was called "the snapper" I think, basically a hardened plastic block with an electronically activated pin that could be engaged and disengaged by a small (car alarm like) remote. The problem with it was that to use it on an mfi trailer you had to modify the bow stop post. This and it was $500 a few years ago. Here is a link to westmarine's current offer on it. http://www.westmarine.com/boat-support/epco--remote-control-snapper-bow-latch--10874212

The ramp n clamp system looks good and I may upgrade to it if / when my current boat buddy dies but I'd like to see some positive user reviews first. The last thing I want is to spend $169 for a rebranded boat buddy (that is a device with similar short comings).

Here is another solution I found on you tube. This looks good as well but for $350ish I'm going to stay with the boat buddy ii for now. http://www.boatlatch.com

Last edited:

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
i have been in contact with ramp-n-clamp
i am being told that theiir current system will not work with shorlandr trailers
they are however designing a system to work with shorlandr

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it looks pretty cool. It would make launching and retrieving by yourself much easier.

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I did some looking and this company did a bunch of work with Mastercraft and is now offered as an ordered trailer option directly from Mastercraft and available through their dealer network. Their boats are much heavier than ours and also quite a bit more expensive, but somebody there must have been impressed for them to take on the liability of providing it on their boat trailers. The fact that it will release under load is a major coup, and nobody can argue the benefit of using Stolz polyurethane. I loved my BBII on my last boat, but one offcenter hit and the frame was bent, it was also leaving minor scuff marks in my gelcoat so I didn't put one on the current trailer, 007 has bent a couple of pins in his.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Back in the '05 or '06 time frame mastercraft trailers used to come with boat buddy iis. A friend of mine bought a mastercraft around that time I think he only kept the bb ii on for one season. He got tired of how precisely he had to center up while recovering the boat and opted for the traditional roller instead.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That would be nice to have. I would be a little scared to use it though. I would be a little nervous I would miss the "catch" and maybe hit the trailer or something.