• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ran one engine, now other is low RPM

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what do I do if I mistakenly ran only one engine on my 2001 Yamaha ls 2000. Is it possible water into engine?i only was at no wake speed until I realized. It will now only run at 4k rpm eventually reducing down to 2-3k rpm while the other engine runs fine all the way up to 6000k rpm. What should I do? Might just take it to a boat repair
Hi, @holidayshoreslsboater1 ! Hope you don't mind terribly, but I quoted from your post on the other thread as to not hijack here and to put it over here where there are people with your specific boat who might be able to give more help.

I don't think that you have an issue from running the one engine. You can generally go at no wake speeds on one engine. If you go faster then you have issues. And the issue you have is that you suck water into the engine and when you try to start it you get hydrolocked--had that happened you would know it. The engine would not be running at all.

So, that said, it impresses me as odd that one engine only would be at a lower RPM. First thing I think I might recommend would be a plug change, particularly if they have not been changed in a bit. But I expect others here with the same boat might have more suggestions?

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Start with changing plugs, double check to ensure each plug is obtaining spark? Clean or replace the plug booties if corroded. Check plug wires next.