• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rattling Jet Unit 2010 SX 210

2Point-Oh!

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One of my Jet units is rattling pretty bad.
I started the boat on the trailer and there was a ton of rattling. I reached in the clean out port and the blades were hot. I had only run for about a minute. The sound was pretty rough! I hooked up the hose and ran engine again and it slowly smoothed out but there is still some rattling.
has anyone experienced this? I would like to fix before it gets worse. what are the parts that I should replace? Impeller housing? I have heard folks talk about a wear ring but I do not see that on the parts diagram. 2010 SX 210

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
See if you can get in there with a scope or mirror to see if you see visual wear. And does it rattle in the water? As all our boats rattle on the trailer somewhat. It's very normal.

Normal amount is relative, as there is no way for us to gauge if you have an abnormal amount of rattle. But it it were, you would probably hear it under way in the water as well.

If you see no signs of abnormal wear around the impeller on the wear ring, then I would let 'er buck. The goal is even amount of gap around the impeller

Good luck