• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Re-fitting boat lift for AR250

chippens

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a second-hand boat lift the previous owner used for his MasterCraft NXT22. I'll be using it for an AR250. The lift has a weight capacity of 6,000 lbs., is wide enough and long enough, but I think I might need to refit the bunks. From looking around on here it seems like a good strategy is to mimic the bunk size and spacing of the trailer. The boat is being delivered directly to the lake this spring so I won't be able to measure prior to delivery. Anybody happen to know what the measurements are or otherwise willing to share their lift setup for an AR250? Thanks.

I have done this a couple times, and you cannot go wrong just walking the boat in and lifting slow to see how it rests. The big thing is avoiding contact with the cross bars. What's your location? are you putting in a Aluminum seasonal lift, or a permanent lift with pilings?

Also keep the front of the bunks up quite a bit to give the boat a bit of natural drainage to the rear. This will help keep any water from pooling on the floor or in the bilge.

Good luck,

Location is Michigan, aluminum seasonal lift.

I am currently doing this on my third boat lift. The last two were Floe brand and easy to adjust.

The one I am doing now is for a fishing boat. To start, I measured the inside width between good locations on the stern for the bunks to set without sitting on an edge, strake or anything hanging below the hull (transducer, fins etc) than set my width on the lift. Then measured up front for the same and set my width for the bow.

Then I would get a rough estimate of how high the hull rises from the keel at that particular width and adjust my height of the bunks up front. The height of the stern is not as important, as it sits fairly flat. Again, high enough that it does not hit the cross beam. And that is your starting point.
If you have guide posts, get those set in back for the widest part of the beam. And front guide posts wide enough to possibly slow the boat down as the bow slips through. As a motor stop will do nothing for a jet of course.

Good luck!

Back