• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Reached the 1 year plus mark - time to polish/wax the boat

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It has been over year with no problems/issues with the FSH 190 Sport in salt water. Water was still beading well on the hull, but there was a build up of water spots and a general dullness. To most people it still looked very good, but it was time to polish and wax the hull. I chose to use Griot's Garage One-Step Sealant; it is a fine polish and synthetic wax. I have used on autos to remove etched water spots and other minor paint blemishes with impressive results. I applied it to the boat with a Griot's 6 inch Random Orbital buffer (8 mm throw) using an orange correcting pad. You spread the product on speed 2, and then you buff it on speed 5. After two quick passes, I moved to the next area. The product hazes in 15-30 minutes, and it wipes off with almost no residue or dust. I wiped off the boat with three Griot's PFM microfiber wax removal cloths - each about the size of a pot holder. The cloths were relatively clean after the removing the One-Step. The entire process took less than 2.5 hours, including set-up and tear-down.

The results are in the photo; you can see the horizon in the blue stripe. It is the brightest boat at the marina. The One-step should last about a year; it has done that for me on daily driven cars.

** One-Step would not be appropriate for oxidized gel coat. You would need a more aggressive compound/possibly wet sand paper/more aggressive pad Reflection in Yamaha FSH 190 boat Gelcoat.jpg and a longer throw buffer (15-21 mm).