• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ready for more speakers but where to put them

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I'm currently running 6 6.5 inch interior speakers and a 10 inch sub. The interior speakers are 4 in the stock locations and one down by the captains foot under the throttle and the other on the passenger side in the location the stock sub woofer would go. The 10 inch sub is mounted in the wall behind the captains chair firing to the passenger side. I have two slots left I can use for two more interior speakers on the amp and plan to add a second sub. Where should I put my other two interior 6.5 inch speakers? I though about doing tower speakers but we don't really do water sports if I do tower speakers will it help the interior sound at all or where do you suggest they go? Also with the sub I can mount it in the wall below the rear seat (battery compartment) but I think I would like to use the location where the stock sub would go. My question is if I do that can I still leave the current 6.5 inch speaker that's there that close to the sub or will the sub just over power and drown it. Not looking for brand advice or to change anything I have also I have spare power already that's why I'm adding 2 more speaks and another sub just curious where to put them.

Last edited:

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You did not mention what brand speakers you are using, I am also running 6 - 6 1/2 speakers , same as you 4 in the stock locations, and one just south and above of the throttles , and one straight across in passenger seat area. Running 10”sub in factory location low behind passenger seat, but also runnig 2 5.25” in swim deck area where the 242’s run 6 1/2 they will fit without cutting or modifying the back seat cushions. Running two amps, one 500 watt to run all the small speakers and 300 watt for the sub. Sounds awesome. Not loudest on the lake but plenty loud for me and the bass is kicking. The two speakers in the swim deck area make world of difference when floating in water behind boat. Do not have to it cranked up near as high to hear the tunes since they are not “contained” in the main boat area. I know some speaker companies do not make 5.25” marine speakers, I’m running Polk audio

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You did not mention what brand speakers you are using, I am also running 6 - 6 1/2 speakers , same as you 4 in the stock locations, and one just south and above of the throttles , and one straight across in passenger seat area. Running 10”sub in factory location low behind passenger seat, but also runnig 2 5.25” in swim deck area where the 242’s run 6 1/2 they will fit without cutting or modifying the back seat cushions. Running two amps, one 500 watt to run all the small speakers and 300 watt for the sub. Sounds awesome. Not loudest on the lake but plenty loud for me and the bass is kicking. The two speakers in the swim deck area make world of difference when floating in water behind boat. Do not have to it cranked up near as high to hear the tunes since they are not “contained” in the main boat area. I know some speaker companies do not make 5.25” marine speakers, I’m running Polk audio
I’m running Kicker and JL equipment. The brands is a whole different conversation lol. How close is your sub to the other 6.5 inch speaker over there does it still sound good?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
What is your goal? If just more volume inside, I would start with power, if possible with your speakers. Then I would move to M770s to replace all 6.5s and give them 200 each.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is your goal? If just more volume inside, I would start with power, if possible with your speakers. Then I would move to M770s to replace all 6.5s and give them 200 each.
Yes more interior sound. Not really looking to change anything I have and I have power to spare right now. All I'm really looking for is location advice on where you think I should add two new speakers and another sub.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you spend much time at anchor and floating off the back of the boat, tower speakers are worthwhile. Even if you don't do much watersports, the improved sound projection at anchor is well worth it.

We put a Wetsounds Stealth 10 Ultra-HD on our tower, and the sound projection behind the boat when floating is SIGNIFICANTLY improved. You've already got the sub and other speakers to "fill out" the sound, so this might work well for you. Others have faced the bar forward to fill the bow with sound as well.

There was a guy selling a non-amped version of this bar in the classifieds not to long ago. Should take the spare power you have and add some volume.

Just a thought.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I agree with tower speakers. They also help fill in the cabin when driving IMHO. Way better for projecting to the swim deck area.
I would not use Horns because they can be harsh and are specifically designed to project longer range.