• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Realistic value of a 2015 242 Limited S

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Trying to come up with a realistic fair value on a 2015 242 Limited S. Clean boat in great condition. Has about 100 hours on it. Mods include full seadek, JL audio and WetSounds stereo consisting of 8 JL mx650's, 1 JL m10ib sub, m800 amp, m200 amp, Wet Sounds Rev 10's on tower (not in picture below because the speakers have the removable swivel clamps and I do not keep the speakers on the tower unless in use), Wet Sounds syndx4 amp powering Rev 10's, Wet sounds ws420 EQ, and triple battery bank with onboard charger to power the stereo. Also has newly installed Hydrophase ridesteady gps speed control system. Boat is stored on a lift in a covered wet slip and always covered with the Yamaha cover. Oh yeah, asking for a friend lol!

image1.jpeg

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
boat.JPG

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking from a buyer's perspective.... Look at comps in your area, up to 400 miles around. That's your competition. They don't sell for exactly what they list, either, so that can factor into the expected revenue. It's hard to get your money back on all the upgrades and sell quick. If you have plenty of time you can list at your desired dream price from a few weeks and watch what happens.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’d start with the NADA value and would not add much for the upgraded stereo or ride steady system which your buddy may be better off removing and selling separately.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking. I would probably leave the stereo in place since I don't have anything to replace it with and it would be a pain in the ass to remove and reinstall factory stuff. I would probably remove the ridesteady and sell it by itself. Shouldn't have a problem selling it alone.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Ronnie Are you familiar with NADA. Is the trailer included in the Yamaha value or treated separately as shown? I was thinking high 40's is probably what it's worth.

2018-07-06_9-23-06.png

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The trailer should not be added to the expected retail price since it is included with the boat at original sale. It is in there because NADA can't perfectly account for the factory options on 1000s of different boats (and most manufacturers offer the trailer as an option for additional cost).

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I always assume the trailer is included in the nada value for Yamaha jet boats because it is included in the price of a new one and I have yet to see a local ad where the trailer is excluded or included at an additional cost.

My local dealer told me not to expect much for my upgrades when I was considering trading a boat into them a few years ago, he went on to say that too much customization could hurt and / or delay the sale. I eventually sold it myself but what he said ended up being true in my case. Of course all this could change if you are patient and the right buyer comes along.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Trailers are automatically included in NADA for Yamahas.
I agree the aftermarket mods do not add much in actual resale value, albeit stereo upgrades are a bit different as those are often offered by dealers (slampack or whatever - seems very similar to what you did).

In my experience the mods can help sell a boat - if you don't try to charge for them much/anything in the selling price.

RE: Ride steady would be a selling point for me. Works as a twin-motor synch - like "single throttle" mode in E-series, and a fly-by-wire conversion of sorts.

--

Last edited:

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So are you (ahem your friend) selling her? I am in CLT and if the price is in the right ballpark given the mods/etc may be interested.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So are you (ahem your friend) selling her? I am in CLT and if the price is in the right ballpark given the mods/etc may be interested.
Still trying to decide. I really hate to but we want to finish our basement and selling the boat would make it a little easier to do so. 3rd summer with her and it’s been nothing but a pleasurable experience with this boat. Are you in the market for one?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Based on private sales of 2015 AR240s in past years I would expect to see a 2015 242 LS sell in the low to mid 40s.

CraigLombardi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Also may be interested. Looking for a 15-18 limited. PM me if you plan on selling.