• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rear compartment panel removal

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Preface: boat is in friends barn, so I can’t just go look at it. I’m going to be doing a bunch of gelcoat wet sanding, buffing, etc, and I’d like to pop my pissers and bilge outlets out of the hull for easier sanding. To access them, the rear panel in the rear starboard storage compartment has to be removed. Well, it would be exponentially easier, anyway. I just thought I’d see if anyone knows offhand how it comes out, so I can take the tools necessary with me. This would be the panel with the access port to the YDS ports.

UnorthodoxCreations

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm pretty sure I did mine through the clean out tray. It's still a pain but I'm sure I didn't remove that interior panel. I may have done some work through the plastic access hole on that panel.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, I just got all the fittings out. Started trying to remove the panel, and realized it was going to be more work than it was worth. With the blower and flush hoses going through it, it just wasn’t worth it. Was a PITA, but got them. Hopefully I’ll have a second pair of hands for reassembly.