• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rear stereo remote replacement

rkgdmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi guys. My rear stereo remote shorted out over a year ago on our 2015 Limited S and caused a "stereo comm error" that prevented us from using the stereo. I unplugged the remote by removing the port speaker and reached in to grab it. That got rid of the error so the stereo would work. At the time I said "damn, how the he'll do you access the back of the remote to loosen and replace it?" I could barely get my big, fat hand and arm in far enough to unplug it. Besides some extreme dieting, does anybody have any experience removing the remote. I can't seem to find anybody that's done it. Thanks.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The chrome bezel snaps off exposing screws.

rkgdmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Image-1.jpg Just for laughs this is my neighbor trying to help me troubleshoot the issue. He's not really a small guy, but he folded himself up and got under the helm station in like 2 seconds. My daughter was so amazed, she took this pic. I have trouble getting my two arms and head in there. Lol.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have gotten in the like that many times. My mid section still allows me to get in the through the door. Face the bow, stick right leg in, crouchand shift hips and arms through, pull left leg in, pivot on balls of feet and take a seat.

rkgdmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have gotten in the like that many times. My mid section still allows me to get in the through the door. Face the bow, stick right leg in, crouchand shift hips and arms through, pull left leg in, pivot on balls of feet and take a seat.
That's exactly how he did it! Nice.....I'm going to the gym now.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine wasnt srewed in from the front, its was held in by a bracket from the rear with 2 small nuts.
I loosened the nuts quite a bit to get it to pull forward, then kicked it out on one side, then the other

rkgdmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mine wasnt srewed in from the front, its was held in by a bracket from the rear with 2 small nuts.
I loosened the nuts quite a bit to get it to pull forward, then kicked it out on one side, then the other
Did you reach in from the port side rear speaker hole? I thought I saw a bracket behind the remote.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 16 ar240 so i added speakers but in the same place as the 242s.
I cant remember if i went through the cupholder or the speaker.
I am trying to find the pictures