• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rear wet storage door latch broken

Freezer41

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2015 242LS

Started out that I would have to try a few times to get it to latch then last time out some plastic piece snapped and this whole spring assembly popped out. Is there a replacement latch or do I have to buy a whole new seat back door?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2015 242LS

Started out that I would have to try a few times to get it to latch then last time out some plastic piece snapped and this whole spring assembly popped out. Is there a replacement latch or do I have to buy a whole new seat back door?
Same exact thing happen to my AR, I have that part on order, still waiting - it's been over a week.

--

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Which part did you order?
PRODUCT INFORMATION:
Mfg Product Number: F3F-U5532-00-00
Description: LATCH for 2016 YAMAHA AR240 HIGH OUTPUT SAT1800AR
Order Quantity: 1
Unit Price: $14.92
Total Cost: $14.92

ORDER TOTALS:
Item Total: $14.92
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $11.00
Order Total: $25.92

Thank you for your purchase and please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have regarding your order.

Email: sales@powersportsparts4less.com

--

JTC1016

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I broke my third one of these on the starboard wet storage door. Has anyone found a better solution or more durable replacement? This is my second broken one this season.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My third one on the port side is not functioning....again....found these on Amazon...they look like the latches on my 242.....cheaper and free shipping, no tax, 2 day shipping, plus having extra on hand! Have to compare the photo to the boat next time I am there, but looks promising!

https://www.amazon.com/CampN-Grabber-Mounting-Hardware-Replacement/dp/B074WFN45Y/ref=pd_sim_60_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B074WFN45Y&pd_rd_r=ZFYCBRNF4K4J3VJYFCFW&pd_rd_w=Gr8fe&pd_rd_wg=WeIwE&psc=1&refRID=ZFYCBRNF4K4J3VJYFCFW

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wish i had your problem but the engine hatch on the 240 series boats was not given storage compartments until the 2015 model year. Consider taking a look at McMaster Carr’s site for a replacement that is a little more durable.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#latches/=1dulqpv
C58A9FD3-F3CB-444A-9E53-288125F4B299.png