• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Reasonably Priced Boat Cover

Will the cover survive the winter?

• Of course it will, and the next year too!

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Reasonably, but trash it.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Almost, you did leave the drain plug open, right?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shredded by February

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've selected a reasonably priced boat cover to get through the winter to avoid having to shell out $400 for shrink wrap. So, will it survive? While I'd like to see it be good enough for 2-3 winters, it will payoff if it works for just 1. ($127 all in.) April 16th is opening day!

I had originally selected a cover on eBay, but then saw some reviews showing the color bleed out into the boat's vinyl seats! :eek:

This one is from iCover that I bought through Amazon. It is for 23-24 ft boats. It is the largest inexpensive cover I could find. It almost fits perfectly, a little narrow at the front and could be a little longer at the tail. it has straps over the top to keep it taut, but I also have the anti-pooling poles in there too. All the straps are the same length, the middle ones, boat to trailer, could've been longer and obviously the ends shorter, but it sure is easier to have one part.
IMG_1388.jpeg

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I did the same as you for my boat this year. I thought the shipping cover would work but apparently not. For the 275 they dont go over the hard top and mine was shrunk up so bad you couldnt get it back on the boat. I ended up buying a cover from seal skin covers. Was around $380 for my size boat. The material isnt real thick or heavy but it does seem quality for what it is. For the price i really cant complain. It cost 400 bucks to shrinkwrap it so if i get 1 year then i break even. 2 years i am ahead of the game. Figured i would trt it out before i have my canvas guy make me a nice winter cover. That would be over a couple grand easy. Surprisingly enough the seal skin fit pretty darn good for just a generic hard top cover. Only time will tell on longevity though