• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Recommendation for Keel Guard

GoodCubanito

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi everyone... please, stay safe out there...

Any recommendation for a keel guard for 2016 242 LS? I am looking at this one:

Any other suggestions?
Thanks,

that's the length i used on my ar240..seems like i thought 9' to 12' would work and the 10' was in stock, and the lowest price.

I have used both Keelshield and Keel Guard. Both seemed to be high quality products with excellent warranties. Even if they get damaged, they will replace them. Be sure to hand onto your proof of purchase.

Installation is more about the prem, than the application. And give it plenty of time to cure, and they stick a long time.

Good luck!

PS: an old one is not cut up and installed in my anchor locker, it seemed appropriate there.

I put this on after I got into some trouble in late 2020 and had to have a bit of fiberglass repair. I check my hull for scratches pretty regularly and inspect the keel guard at the same time - this has held up to a lot of abuse and still looks like new. I don't beach my boat on purpose, but the few times I slid into a sandbar sooner than I expect and went aground, the keel guard took the punishment, and still looks new.

Back