• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

RECOMMENDATION NEEDED FOR REAR VIEW MIRROR

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
This is the one I got....so far so good

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Jerlane

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
This is the one I got, the only issue I have had is when I break the 50mph mark the wind pushes it down.
View attachment 150580
After buying, and returning the Big Air mirror that is supposed to clamp to the tower, this ^^ is the one I bought off of Amazon as well.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
After buying, and returning the Big Air mirror that is supposed to clamp to the tower, this ^^ is the one I bought off of Amazon as well.
Have you had issues with it pushing down to the store position? when you get that beautiful 212S you have up in the high 40's and 50's😎

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The price looks more reasonable on that one. Do you have a photo of it mounted?
Sorry, sure don't. I can get you one but won't be able to until next week.

Chaunceybland

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

cam@LKN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It does mount to the T top. Using the bracket I mentioned in my post it mounts using the one mount attachment. I am attached a picture of my mount and what the rear view looks like with this mirror.
Hi Mark, I like your mirror setup. Are you still happy with it? There looks to be something between the clamp and the mirror to hold it in place (large black washer maybe). Did you buy that separately? If so, where did you purchase? Thanks in advance.

Mark TN

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi Mark, I like your mirror setup. Are you still happy with it? There looks to be something between the clamp and the mirror to hold it in place (large black washer maybe). Did you buy that separately? If so, where did you purchase? Thanks in advance.
I believe this was just something I found in my box of miscellaneous junk. I tend to save items like that for some unknown future use. I would be glad to take it off and give you a better idea of what it is if you want me to.

cam@LKN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That’s okay. Can you tell me if it is rubber? And the thickness roughly?

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I actually just got this suction cup one for the AR250 and it works great. Sticks great and has great field of vision and does not block my sightline view in front or above the windshield.

CIPA Mirror

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi gang....love the new CIPA 01609....only problem is that when I went to take it down for the day, the star looking female nut that holds the mirror on the mount slipped out of my hand, slid down the windshield and bounced into the friggin lake!! It does not float! I need a replacement for it and wondered if anyone knows the thead size for the stud sticking out of the mirror. My guess is a 1/4 20.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Have you had issues with it pushing down to the store position? when you get that beautiful 212S you have up in the high 40's and 50's😎
Yep, at 45mph it tends to walk itself down

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hi gang....love the new CIPA 01609....only problem is that when I went to take it down for the day, the star looking female nut that holds the mirror on the mount slipped out of my hand, slid down the windshield and bounced into the friggin lake!! It does not float! I need a replacement for it and wondered if anyone knows the thead size for the stud sticking out of the mirror. My guess is a 1/4 20.
I would contact CIPA directly.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I bought this last week and used it over the weekend:

It‘s fairly inexpensive and worked fine. My only complaint is that it could be a little wider and I had to completely remove the screw on the bracket to get it off.

CA3SAR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Any 252/255 ideas out there for mirrors?

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Any 252/255 ideas out there for mirrors?
I went with this one for my 252SE, attached to the top of the windshield. I really like the mirror and I think it's a good deal for a big one (it's 20" wide), the only problem is the screw knobs can be really difficult to turn. Not sure if it's just mine or an issue on all of them.

CA3SAR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I went with this one for my 252SE, attached to the top of the windshield. I really like the mirror and I think it's a good deal for a big one (it's 20" wide), the only problem is the screw knobs can be really difficult to turn. Not sure if it's just mine or an issue on all of them.
I don't have this option for the 252 FSH.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length