• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Red blinking light on dash

Flamewolf51

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
When my boat is on the interior light button on the dash is blinking. Does anyone know what this indicates? I noticed it after I turned the lights on after it got dark and I figured it was a photo sensor saying it was dark enough to need my lights but now it won’t turn off. Anyone have a clue or have seen this? 2019 242xe for reference. Thanks I’m advance for replying

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2017 242X, but I'm not familiar. I think your dash is different than mine. Can you post a pic? Unless someone else knows from your description.

Flamewolf51

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes I will try to post a pic

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah, your console is different than mine. Sorry, not sure I can help. Hopefully someone else can assist. Just to confirm your interior lights all work? Like all are functioning?

Flamewolf51

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes the turn on and off. Just the annoying red blinking light.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don’t think that is a factory control panel. (Edit, searching I do see several pics w/, so maybe it is factory.) You may need to Google search for it to find the manual and understand how it works and is wired.

Last edited:

Flamewolf51

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
As far as I can tell the manuel doesn’t explain what the different lights mean, it just a very general description. I know it’s the factory panel, and looking behind the cockpit just shows the connext wiring and no real way to tell other than wire bundles. Basically it looks like every button has a green blue and red. Just don’t know why the interior would flash or blink red. Seems like I am the only one to bring this up but if there is a red light I can imagine it being something unique.