• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Register super charge Yamaha boat

Spainkilla

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
can a 2021 yamaha 195s be register to california

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Not without a lot of headache. Best is to register it as a non resident in somewhere like AZ, which is legal. You may be able to register it in CA with some back and forth with DMV, as this boat is not a stern drive and may be able to be registered as jet propulsion like a jet ski. Seems to be a bit of a gray area.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The string that addresses this most directly may be on yamahajetboaters.com but it can and has been done. Mel @txav8r (???), I can’t recall his screen name sold his 2008 230 to a CA couple, they had issues getting it registered in CA and almost reversed the deal after taking possession of and towing the boat from TX to CA. Eventually they figured it out and documented the process on the other site or here. Hopefully someone else with a better memory will chime in with the screen name of either party.

More recently someone here bought a 195 from out of state and had it registered in CA where he lives.

I spoke to my dealer rep a few weeks ago when looking for a new waverunner, he had a guy who either bought or put a deposit down on a model not sold new in CA. He hasn’t taken possession of the boat yet, almost two years later because he can’t figure out how to get it registered here. The reps. Position was you have to find the dumb guy at the dmv to help you out. My position is that you have to find the smart one.

For whatever reason, Yamaha does not do the paperwork and / or pay the fees to allow all of their boats To be sold in CA even though their PWCs/waverunners with the same power plants can be purchased here. As such I don’t expect to see Any of the models in the attached screen shot which don’t have a CA variant in CA. I think Yamaha is missing out on a big revenue stream, someone or a group of people should be fired IMHO.

BC1E4FFF-17A7-444A-8606-30B99492DC39.png

Last edited: