• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rejex and hard water stains/ blemishes

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I got around to waxing my boat last week and I used Rejex based on recommendations here. It was easy to apply and take off but it didn't do a thing for the hard water spots and very light gelcoat scratches as I was hoping it would like a regular wax. Should I hit those spots again using a buffer instead of just by hand? Or will rejex not do anything for those spots like a regular wax? Should I try something else on those spots?

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think rejex is pretty much a polymer sealer only. No abrasives like traditional polishes (even if mild). You'd need to remove the rejex with the new more abrasive polish or wash it off with dawn and then you could try white vinegar on the spots or a traditional light polish.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Rejex is a sealant, and you must remove any surface contaminants prior to applying. Otherwise you seal in all that junk, and it's with you forever.

I've tried vinegar, and various other solutions to remove water spots and had limited success. For my really tough spots I broke down and used carburetor cleaner, with a huge fresh water rinse after scrubbing. Star Brite also worked well, and is probably much safer for the hull.

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are a few products specifically for removing mineral rings/water spots and wont take gelcoat off with it. Mequires makes one. If they havent been on there long even a simple microfiber towel and detail spray can get them off. Either way you shouldnt need an abrasive with a boat that new. Pick up a marine water spot remover and then reseal it with your Rejex if you want. If the gelcoat is sealed well future water spots will wipe right off.

soggyshoes

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So on a brand new boat would you recommend Rejex? I will be picking mine up anytime now and will eventually be leaving it in a slip (fresh water only) and would to keep it nice and do what ever I can to make it easier to clean when I do pull it out.
Other than sealing in any mineral rings/deposits are there any down sides to Rejex?

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've never used it, but I know the guys on the Corvette forums love it. Unfortunately, it didn't ship with the rest of my detailing supplies so it'll be next weekend before I can give you an initial report.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do any of you know if Rejex can be used on vinyl graphics? A lot of people compare it to NuFinish but NuFinish says not to use it on Vinyl. I want to use something like this on the front of my camper, but I don't want to screw up the graphics any more than they already are.

I'll read about it on RV.net, but like everything else on there, there will be 100 different opinions and they are all adament about being correct.
I'm CampinEarls on that forum...

Edited to add--
Nevermind finally read this on their website..
http://www.rejex.com/rejexFAQ.html

This is a typical RV.net thread...
http://www.jetboaters.net/threads/rejex-and-hard-water-stains-blemishes.1231/#post-17544

Last edited:

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So on a brand new boat would you recommend Rejex? I will be picking mine up anytime now and will eventually be leaving it in a slip (fresh water only) and would to keep it nice and do what ever I can to make it easier to clean when I do pull it out.
Other than sealing in any mineral rings/deposits are there any down sides to Rejex?
I don't know yet on the Rejex. It has held up far beyond expectations on my truck this winter though. I picked it up at the end of last season when I purchased some Corrosion X and Corrosion HD.

FYI, Corrosion HD is NOT what you want to spray engine parts, pump parts, etc with. It might be fine for trailer bolts, etc, but it is some gunky shit! Corrosion X is what you want for engine parts, etc.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't know yet on the Rejex. It has held up far beyond expectations on my truck this winter though. I picked it up at the end of last season when I purchased some Corrosion X and Corrosion HD.

FYI, Corrosion HD is NOT what you want to spray engine parts, pump parts, etc with. It might be fine for trailer bolts, etc, but it is some gunky shit! Corrosion X is what you want for engine parts, etc.

Good to know since I have a bottle of Corrosion X sitting on my counter now! Would you use Rejex or Corrosion X to protect the tower from bugs, bird, etc?

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good to know since I have a bottle of Corrosion X sitting on my counter now! Would you use Rejex or Corrosion X to protect the tower from bugs, bird, etc?
I will use Rejex. Corrosion X is pretty runny, it dries pretty quickly, but I don't see that being a good fit to keep bugs and bird junk off. Might be worth a shot thoguh. My tower is painted black so I'd think the Corrosion X residue might show on mine.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/bug+barricade+22+ounces.do?sortby=ourPicks could work, but since it is water soluble it likely wouldn't last through a rain storm.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I really just bought the Corrosion X for the jet assemblies, and to protect the engines. I've seen Rejex applied to anything and everything, glass, wheels, headlights, you name it, so I was planning on using it for the hull, windshield, and tower.