• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Relocated Cruise Assist button to relocate my phone mount

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Today I decided that to control my Sirius XM through the Bluetooth, it would be nice to have my phone mount back on the dash. So I relocated the cruise assist button and put my phone mount above it. Good position for the phone, now I can control Sirius xm or search Navionics maps and send routes to the simrad go7.
6D0ED0DF-3F97-4020-9872-63160E07B9ED.jpeg
4D36E005-B392-4779-8451-07C64D95CD96.jpeg

Monster77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Nice job with the relocation of the cruise switch and phone mount.
I’m interested in the Simrad go7 you have on/in the dash.

Hard to see in the pictures but it does look like it’s surface mounted or rather recessed into the vertical section of the dash?
How well did the install go and are you happy with the outcome?

I bought the Simrad Cruise 5 knowing it would fit somewhere on dash and was worried the 7 or bigger would not fit recessed into dash or the mounting bracket might not fit on the horizontal part of dash just under your go7.
-wishing I had seen this sooner....

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i love it even though it’s not flush it’s a perfect size . The install was not easy, there was some fibreglass cuts to fit it behind the grey dash. Not a lot but here and there.
E566D45D-EE22-4581-87C8-68EFCA6FA8AE.png