• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Remember Cobra Jet Steering offers buy direct discount prices on all our steering systems all year long and free domestic priority mail is included

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Cobra jet steering makes model specific steering systems for all Yamaha jet boats from 1996 to current models. We offer more choices , more features and benefits not just slow speed at the dock steering but all time super steering that changes it's influence levels with the position of the boat in the water , regular or spring loaded ,adjustable steering and more plus we have different levels of steering from the base models to the deluxe versions , get slow speed and high speed assistance , no plastic parts, Over 20 years of experience with 5 US patents and over 100 patented claims, do your research and get the most features and benefits available for improving your experience out on the water with family and friends. Go with the innovator of aftermarket jet boat steering . cobrajetsteering.com

So lets start with the super fins, what is a super fin? it is a specially designed fin that automatically changes it's steering influence with the position of the boat in the water, when the boat is on plane the nozzles are up above the water, the super fins are made with adjustments that allow you to choose the amount of fin that sits below the nozzle for assistance in high speed steering. This allows you to address the speed bleed off in turns meaning the loss of speed when turning on plane it also deals with the bow wander and the ability to carve waves in rough conditions.
It also is very important with water sport activities. The top of the fin is large and out of the water when you are on plane because you do not need all that influence until you are going slow OFF PLANE ! Now the boat is sitting low in the water and resisting turning due to the amount of hull that is pushing on the water around it.
So in slow mode your boat needs a larger amount of influence to steer the boat precisely in tight places, in forward and in reverse. The big increase in the influence levels provides that increase automatically, so you get what you need when you need it. And it is done without you even thinking about it. The super steering systems are available in two versions the super magnum and the super ultimate the basic difference is the super magnum is a fixed fin and the super ultimate is a spring loaded version.
These also come in a articulating keel version called the AK, and a 2019 and newer version for the newest nozzle design named the AK-19 The AK versions and the AK-19 versions for twin engine boats also have the second patented tie rod included with the set for redundancy longevity and balance in the system, the super magnum AK base model is buy direct discount priced at only $359 with domestic priority mail included, there is also a deluxe version that add to the system a top fin on each nozzle , this top fin sits above the nozzle , only coming into play when the boat is off plane so you automatically get even more slow speed influence when operating slowly and docking. And it also has the plaining surface added to each nozzle for a faster hole shot a smoother ride in chop and a cleaner wake behind the boat.
This plaining surface also rides above the water on plane and automatically comes into play when needed. The deluxe version of the AK is buy direct discount priced at $469.99 and there is also an AK-19 version of both that fits the 2019 and newer models for the buy direct discount price of $369.99 base and $489.99 deluxe. The super ultimate base is $459 and the deluxe is $569 buy direct discount price. Below is a picture of a twin engine Yamaha jet boat on plane note the nozzles, tie rod and part of the rudder are up out of the water , this should explain how the super fins use this information to constantly and effectively provide the variable influence to your boat as needed and how the plaining surface on the deluxe versions is also above the water on plane and only comes into play when needed. Now next is a picture of a super magnum ak-19 deluxe steering system on a Yamaha jet boat . Note how the super fins are not down by the bottom of the rudder , That is intentional. Also note no sharp points or metal water skies nor any kick stands needed or horizontal bars between the fins below the nozzle. And although the fins are tempered aluminum to be efficient without all that added bracing needed, the plaining surface is made of a softer aluminum and it is designed to give in the event of an accidental impact with some solid object this is done to protect the pump nozzle etc and the plate can be pushed back down and even straightened easily by design.
I will say that the design and positioning of these super fins avoids most issues in that area, and I also included a picture of just how that works and you can see if you just push back down with your foot you can continue using the boat until you have time to either straighten it or replace it. This sort of thing happens very seldom. But it is designed to deal with it in case it does.
There is also the spring loaded systems but in most cases you do not need to spend the extra money on those. I usually recommend it if you dry dock with a fork lift just to be on the safe side. Remember the steering I make offers both slow speed and high speed steering with other benefits as well .
The second tie rod adds in redundancy so that either side can operate the complete system by itself.
And longevity as both sides share the work.
So do your research when choosing a steering system and remember that your steering must handle a lot more that just at the dock.
So don't just look at the price look at the features and benefits as well as the design and materials you get for the price.

. 1660137289954.jpeg1660137617059.jpeg 1660138104463.jpeg

Remember when deciding on something as important as a steering upgrade for your boat I always say do your research .
You are making an important decision, look for the features and benefits regardless of the price.
I recently offered a challenge to someone who posts about boats and products he had thrust vectors and lateral thrusters on his 25 foot Yamaha and I provided him with just the super magnum ak-19 deluxe to compare to his current setup knowing he was going to be a hard sell but I made him this offer compare the 2 systems and if he did not like my setup better than the one he had he could just send it back to me.
however if he did like it better he could buy it for half price for his trouble if he removed the thrust vectors and lateral thrusters from his boat and replaced the steering with my system.
Here is his video.
now this system offers a lot of features and benefits not available any place else like the patented second tie rod.
Adjustments and high speed steering assistance as well as slow speed and super fins that automatically change their influence levels with the position of the boat on the water .
Also the plaining surfaces for a faster hole shot a smoother ride and a cleaner wake for water sport activities.
The current buy direct discount price for ALL that is only $489.99 and free domestic PRIORITY mail is included.
There is also a base model for only $369.99 including free domestic priority mail. So do your research get the most features and benefits and NO plastic parts . And this is just one of many model specific steering systems for all Yamaha jet boats ,offered from the innovator of after market jet boat steering Cobrajetsteering.com

Attachments

• super magnum ak-19 deluxe on a yamaha 252se.jpg
    super magnum ak-19 deluxe on a yamaha 252se.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 11
  • super magnum ak -19 base system.jpg
    super magnum ak -19 base system.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 12
Remember Cobra jet steering offer the base systems or the deluxe systems as well as several model specific steering systems and upgrades for all Yamaha jet boats, buy direct discount prices including free domestic priority mail start at $358.99 for the base super magnum ak system and $469.99 for the deluxe version. $369.99 for the super magnum ak-19 base system or $489.99 for the deluxe version , you get excellent slow speed assistance and high speed assistance as well as off power assistance including the second sit rod for reliability, balance and redundancy with the super fins that are adjustable so you can set the level of influence that suits your preference. Handle large waves and wind, enjoy water sport activities and stay in control when retrieving a person from the water.. Over 20 years of experience from the innovator of after market jet boat steering offering the most features and benefits available. No plastic parts, no bars between the fins under the nozzle ,no kickstands or water skies needed on the fins, solid construction for years of service, making jet boats steer and drivers smile since 2001.

Hi Jeff,
i just got a new Yamaha AR220 and took it for a ride yesterday, this is my first jet boat or boat in general i have been in other friends boats outboard mostly and i have drive them from time to time but the struggle yesterday with my new jet boat was real i felt like i was turning that wheel for no reason at all, at high speed it responded fairly but as soon as i lower speed below 10mph i was completely adrift so i was reading in the forum and it look like the cobras are the way to go to fix my issue, i was looking at your website but i couldt find the super magnum ak-19 deluxe version at $489.99 and free domestic PRIORITY mail as you posted above. can you help me.

Back