• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Remote cable routing

Paradan09

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi,

I am trying to put a wired remote on the starboard side of the Helm to control the Marine Audio Headunit on my 2017 AR195. I don‘t want to go all the way around through the engine compartment as the cable is not long enough. Is there a more direct route? I tried fishing tape but no luck yet.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi,

I am trying to put a wired remote on the starboard side of the Helm to control the Marine Audio Headunit on my 2017 AR195. I don‘t want to go all the way around through the engine compartment as the cable is not long enough. Is there a more direct route? I tried fishing tape but no luck yet.
I put my remote at the helm on the starboard side. Here's where it's located.
IMG_20190804_140004.jpg

You can route the wires up the starboard side, behind the anchor locker, and then down the port side. There are already wires WAY up in the gunwales you can use as a guide on both sides. Had to use a piece of heavy wire to "fish" around the anchor locker. You'll have to pull the back off the starboard bow seat. There are wing nuts on the back of the seat, you'll have to reach under from the starboard bow compartment, and up behind the seat to get to them. It's a reach, but doable. Unless you have a storage door cut in there already (I did and it made it much easier. I highly recommend that mod too).

WEAR SLEEVES.....I don't give a dang how hot it might be, you will get fiberglassed to dammit and back if you aren't wearing sleeves and are reaching up in there to hide the wires......ask me how I know :(:(

Stole the below picture from JetBoatPilot. Only top down view I could find on google. Follow the red line I added in the bow area for your cable routing.

I can take more pics if you need them.

Paradan09

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you! So I assume the remote cable was long enough for that route right?