• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Removal of swim deck radio 2015 242 Limited S

smalls

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello All,

I have to replace my Polk PA450UM swim deck radio. I bought the replacement but I am looking for tips / how to to remove the radio from the swim deck. From the new one it looks like there may be a bracket that holds the radio in from the back side but looking at the boat I don’t see a way to access the back of the unit when it’s installed in the boat. image.jpgIf anyone has done this and can share any pointers, advice, and or pictures I would greatly appreciate it.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Remove the speaker. Reach in and unscrew the two nuts on the back of the radio. It’s easy

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Removing the nearest cup holder may give you additional access but the speaker will give you more and should be easier to remove since it’s screwed not glued in. On the other hand, if the old unit is bad and headed for the trash you can also just cut/beat it out of the hull but that would be more work.

Last edited:

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the same unit and i went through the cup holder hole
1/4 inch ratchet with a deep socket to loosen the nuts. Dont remember the nut size. It was small like 1/4 inch or 8mm

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You only need to remove the nut closest to reach completely the further nut just needs to be loosened then it can shift the bracket off the front stud and it comes out easy

smalls

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks guys for the advice and tips, I am planning on installing this weekend and I really appreciate the tips!!

DJ Bellin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just curious, what deck did you replace the old Polk radio with?

Big_O

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
So, what did you replace the PA4 with?