• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Removed our Dumb decals

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I removed the High Output sticker and will be removing the Twin Engine one as well.
Really Who gives a #*%* High Output or Twin Engine? and having that plastered on the side of my boat? I can hear the guy next to me going ooooow thats a High output boat:jawdrop: And now since I removed it he is saying thats a low output boat:yawn:
Sorry but those decals are just Dumb.
Im ducking the Yamaha purest responses already so let um fly

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did the same 5 years ago along with the AR230 logo. I like it better.
Kudos to you.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I thought about removing the 212 as well and now that you said it Im gonna. This is with the HO logo removed. Dan, I will probably have to remove the Evil logo when I go to sell it. I never really consider resale when I get a toy like this. Usually they are worth the lower side of the equation when Im done with them. If it means the difference of a couple thousand bucks I can always have the stock logos easily reprinted and replace them.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I've been thinking of doing the same. The "High Output" and "Twin Engine" font is so plain; they could've at least made it look good. I see that they've changed the font of the "Twin Engine" badge in the later years but mine is really plain

I was also thinking of taking the giant chrome "Yamaha" off of the side too but leaving the logo.

I'm not much of a fan of the other graphics on my 232 Limited either; the "232" is basically the same font and I don't like the color. It looks fine from far away but once you get up close I don't like it. I would have to have some custom graphics printed though because I think it will be too plain with nothing.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
It was not the font as much as it was just unnecessary word clutter and it broke up the color contrasts

Tranio

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm about ready to take all of the stickers, logos and graphics off. The only thing I'll probably leave on is the Yamaha.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree that many of the stock decals are a little "busy", but I also think if everything is removed and can look too plain/boring. I notice that the new jetboats (Chaparral, Glastron, etc.) have even busier and loud graphics than the Yamaha. I guess the market research indicates that the typical demographic that buys our type of boat likes that look.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Busy or not my style graphics don't bother me but as you guys say, these stickers that state generic things like twin engine or hp ratings cheapen the look. My guess is that this directive comes from the Asian headquarters. They are obviously out of touch to what this culture likes on their boats.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Murph, I didnt mind the "graphic" as limited as my year was but removed it for the advertising space. It was the words that needed to go.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I removed the High Output sticker and will be removing the Twin Engine one as well.
Really Who gives a #*%* High Output or Twin Engine? and having that plastered on the side of my boat? I can hear the guy next to me going ooooow thats a High output boat:jawdrop: And now since I removed it he is saying thats a low output boat:yawn:
Sorry but those decals are just Dumb.
Im ducking the Yamaha purest responses already so let um fly
@Evil Sports : I'm IMPRESSED !~
Always liked your replies and posts ............ and I know how you feel about all of the Yamaha boat side "Ads."! The boat is so much NICER LOOKING without all of the crappy advertising. Once gone, the boat looks "Clean."
However, having said that ........... you have helped me !
I always wanted to remove the Twin Engine. But thought/felt it was "wrong" to do it.
You have now given me the inspiration ......... tomorrow the decals back there are gone.
Many Thanks, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've been thinking ......
I was also thinking of taking the giant chrome "Yamaha" off of the side too but leaving the logo.

I'm not much of a fan of the other graphics on my ...
Just wanted you to know that there are others who feel the same way !!! For right now, just call me "chicken." LOL !
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's a PIC.. Big decals I left on..the wife likes them...all lettering except for Yamaha are gone.IMG_20140518_123412_259.jpg

mrlanemeyer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I took mine off as well. The 242LimitedS sticker they put on this boat was absolutely horrible. They really messed up with the contrasting fonts of the fancy 242Limited sticker and the sporty High Output and Twin Engine stickers. Now if I can convince the wife to let me pull off the 242 sticker and the black/white stripe sticker ill be happy.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I dont have confidence in the installers around here and there are not many.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited: