• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Removing interior panels or padding.

jester44399

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello everyone, I just joined the page (finally) and so far I love all of the information to be found. I have had my 2020 Yamaha 242SE for almost a year and it has been great. Long story short, I recently had WetSounds replace my stock amp since there was virtually no signal going to channels 5 and 6, so my WetSounds sub never worked at all last year. Once I installed the new amp, WHOA! the sub WORKS!! LOL which I am very happy with. However I now have another problem that has come to light. The entire port side panel (black) and some of the cushion panels aft of it are rattling like crazy at mid volume, and I have even adjusted the bass level to zero to all the way negative and there is no change. The panels rattle simply because the amp is working/ moving. My question is: is there a way to remove the paneling to install some sound deadening material? My dealer has a 7 to 10 week lead time before they would be able to do any warranty work on this, so I am asking if there is a way to remove them myself, otherwise I will have to hunt for someone else to tackle it.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
:Welcome:
Sorry can't help on the removal of the panels...never really looked at them. You might be able to get back there through the seats or helm areas though.

gfabry

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We’re you able to remove the panels?

jester44399

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yes, a local shop was able to remove the panels and add some sea deck to the backside to stop them from rattling against the hull. The panels are held on by hangars and are screwed on to them. Ill add some photos once I get them off my phone.

gfabry

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes photos or screw locations would be great! Thank you, need to access to the top part of hil from inside to fix a crack that was there when we bought the bought used