• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Removing moldy caulk

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used the following 3M product and I let it sit for a couple of hours. Pour on and go to the gym.

I then used a razor and pushed in from both sides of the caulked area. I pulled on this and also ran along it with a plastic scraper. I don't know what type of caulk I removed but there was already caulk in the gaps. I left it as is and I can always go back and caulk the seams again but I don't think I need to. I cleaned up the area with Goo gone and the magic eraser. This was a huge improvement not having moldy caulk

IMG_1103.jpg IMG_1102.jpg IMG_1101.jpg IMG_1112.JPG IMG_1112.JPG IMG_1113.JPG

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks great!
How well did the 3M remover work?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It came off easily so I will say that was due to the 3M remover. Good stuff for whatever kind of caulk this was.