• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Removing old 3M Anti-Mildew protectant on boat seats

Whiskey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I used some 3M anti-mildew product on my boat seats and looks like due to the poor winter lighting under the shrink wrap that I applied it in I left too much on in areas and I now have some yellowish streaks on my white vinyl. :( Does anyone know of a way to get this removed without damaging the vinyl?

I've tried:
The same product fresh out of the bottle. It won't remove itself.
303 cleaner
Windex
diluted white vinegar 1:3 with water

Is there a solvent that I might be able to try to remove the protectant and have it not hurt the vinyl itself?

Might have to let it sit in the sun for days or weeks and it may eventually fade out. Be careful what kind of chemicals you try, especially around the threads as they‘re not as resilient as the marine vinyl is.

I don’t have any ideas, sorry. I do remember seeing some threads on good cleaners for vinyl. Did you try using the search function on this forum?

Thanks for the replies guys. I did search the forum.

I actually tried LA Awesome and while it took hours of elbow grease, it's safe for vinyl and eventually got the mildew protectant off. Now I'll get 303 Protectant on the seats and be good to go.

Back