• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Removing swim deck radio controller

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2015 AR240, can anyone tell me how to remove the swim deck radio controller panel and what I will find once removed? Mine is non-operational, had to disconnect it to stop "stereo comm error" warning and now I'd like to replace it. I don't want to destroy it while removing it if I don't have anything to put in its place but I don't know the size and shape of the hole to plan for.

Setec_Fl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2015 AR240, can anyone tell me how to remove the swim deck radio controller panel and what I will find once removed? Mine is non-operational, had to disconnect it to stop "stereo comm error" warning and now I'd like to replace it. I don't want to destroy it while removing it if I don't have anything to put in its place but I don't know the size and shape of the hole to plan for.
I actually have a similar question. Did you end up removing yours?

I have a 2007 Ar210. The factory controls are trashed. I want to remove them and put something new there. The current screw spacing is 3 and 5/8 inches. Most of these new controllers are around 2 1/2 inches. So I’m not sure what to do. Maybe make a fiberglass plate to mount under the new controller?

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
never removed it. couldn't decide what to put in so i left it and moved down the list.

fnkycld

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I replaced mine recently. It is a 2013 212 SS with the round Clarion remote in the transom. I have to remove the plate for the clean out plugs and reach into the back of the hull. There were 2 small 7mm nuts on the back of the radio and a "C" shape bracket holding it in place.

JetboaterSC

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I replaced mine recently. It is a 2013 212 SS with the round Clarion remote in the transom. I have to remove the plate for the clean out plugs and reach into the back of the hull. There were 2 small 7mm nuts on the back of the radio and a "C" shape bracket holding it in place.
Did you replace the remote with something else entirely? Or a newer model remote? I have the round remote and it is shot. Do you have any pictures? TIA!

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Did you replace the remote with something else entirely? Or a newer model remote? I have the round remote and it is shot. Do you have any pictures? TIA!
What year is your boat? I had to either find the same remote for my 2012 or buy an entire new system altogether because other remotes would not sync with my Aquatic AV. I put out a feeler on this site for one and someone had one they wanted to give up. If you have a newer boat or different sound system, you may not have to replace with the exact same thing.

JetboaterSC

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What year is your boat? I had to either find the same remote for my 2012 or buy an entire new system altogether because other remotes would not sync with my Aquatic AV. I put out a feeler on this site for one and someone had one they wanted to give up. If you have a newer boat or different sound system, you may not have to replace with the exact same thing.
Hey There! I have a 2012 AR210. It came with a pre-installed round Clarion remote (hard-wired) in the swim deck. That's good advice, I will look into that. It also may be as simple as a busted fuse, I haven't taken it off yet to look at it.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey There! I have a 2012 AR210. It came with a pre-installed round Clarion remote (hard-wired) in the swim deck. That's good advice, I will look into that. It also may be as simple as a busted fuse, I haven't taken it off yet to look at it.
You might be in luck. Maybe the new Clarions can work with older Clarion head units. Wasn’t the case with Aquatic though.