• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Repair - Flush Assembly

Jeurich

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking for some help. My 2007 AR230 has a leaking port side flush assembly (Yamaha part # 6B5-12580-00-00 - JOINT ASSY). I bought the replacement part but have not been able to find a good instructional video on how to swap it out. Anyone done this repair before and how difficult is it? Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 0F3C7FF3-F92C-41F3-9833-3E21427CFFE9.png
    0F3C7FF3-F92C-41F3-9833-3E21427CFFE9.png
    967 KB · Views: 8
Aloha,

This should be relatively easy. You'll need to access the holds/compartments where the water fitting (the black coupler female piece) is and trace its hose back to the location where its connected to your main water inlet coming from the pump. See pic below taken from a video. The red hose and that rusting hose clamp is where you'll remove the existing and replace with your new one and use a new stainless steel hose clamp. Yamaha set our boats up with those crap steel pinch clamps like you see in the photo. You'll then have to remove the existing female fitting in your hull and install the new one. Some of this might be "blind removal/install" if you can't fold yourself into the compartment to actually see what you are doing. Sometimes a mirror helps.

Good Luck.

Engine Cooling Lines.jpg

Thanks a lot for the insight and the photo. That is helpful to see what is down in the lower part of the engine. Good points on going stainless. Definitely seems doable. Going to give it a go in a couple weeks.

I wonder if with some luck and creativity.It can be fished in....Did you get the part yet? Can you get some good pictures of the nozzle side? I have the same issue and have been dreading the repair, I just close the port with the cap every time, and if I forget someone gets a little bit of water and freak out :) nobody likes to see a stream of water hitting their back while on a boat, somehow folks start thinking it's going to sink.

Back