• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replace Bimini Top on our 2018 Yamaha 242 Limited SE

Kernsy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Our bimini top lasted through last summer but it kept unraveling more and more by the end of the season last year.

My wife and I are thinking about ordering a new one for this boating season but I was blown away at the price. $2314.

That was looking at Yamahapartshouse.com. Is there any other place I could look at that would be sell OEM bimini for our boat?

I just was floored at the price. I assume that includes everything too. The straps, ratchet. My solar panel is still good so I don't need that.

Thanks for the help!!

Darren & Traci Kerns
Taswell, IN

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So I have a 2017 Yamaha 242X E-Series. Close to what you have. Had to replace mine last year due to tearing a hole in it. At the time (July 2022) there were only 2 of my tops in the entire nation! Babbitt's Online had one of them. Paid $700 for it. Babbitt's were very helpful. Told me where the other top was located, but Babbitt's had the best price.

So I guess what I'm saying, is I would start with Babbit's Online and see what they say.

Hope this helps and hope you find it cheaper.

Todd

Kernsy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks Todd. I will call them and see. I found a place in Michigan. Cannot remember the name of it but they acted like they had one that was around $1900.

I will call Babbit's Online and see what they can tell me. I may be able to get through one more summer with it. It is just unraveling some at various ends.
Thanks buddy
Darren

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pretty sure I read at some point that Yamaha Parts Warehouse was the same as Babbitts or vice versa.

I have used partszilla with great success. They even have the ability to tell you if it is in stock or not online. And on a plus they are listing it for about $600 less.

Kernsy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Holy cow. I found it on Partszilla and you were correct. Much, much cheaper. I will give them a call.

Thank You So So Much!!
Darren

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Holy cow. I found it on Partszilla and you were correct. Much, much cheaper. I will give them a call.

Thank You So So Much!!
Darren
I am looking to replace my bimini on my 2016 242 Limited SE and Partzilla has two, one with "For SC2" and one "For DRCD", no colors. I called them and they couldnt tell me the difference. Do you know what they mean? What did you end up getting?

Kernsy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Call me and I will tell you over the phone. Too much to explain.
812-613-0331

DSCLLC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I ordered SC2 and it is gray.