• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replace interior drain plug

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the drain plug between the engines was stuck. I might have cross threaded it. I tried to get it out with a pliars and broke the ear off on it. Does anyone know what size the hole is that it is mounted in? I'd like to replace it with a metal one or something that is easier to put in and take out without scraping up my arms every time I need to remove it.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am about 2k miles from my boat, so can't measure from here (my guess: 7/8).

But I just found this: WEST MARINE Rubber Drain Plugs | West Marine

I might replace mine with these. They are a pain to get in/out and one of these might just be the ticket.

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length