• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replace "SET" switch on Scarab 165 HO (2015)

wan888

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Hi all,

I'm new here and used purchased a used 2015 Scarab 165 HO.

Very excited about it. The previous owner said the "SET" switch button was not functioning and removed it to find a replacement but never did successfully.

Does anyone know where I can find this switch?

Much appreciate your response.

20200907_111748.jpg.

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-08 at 11.48.34.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-08 at 11.48.34 (1).jpeg

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
All Scarab parts can be found here: Select Your Brand (accessible through the Scarab web site, bottom, "Parts Catalog" link.

You can search with keywords or by category. Search for "switch" and you'll find it. You'll then need to order from a Scarab dealer. Unless you can find this part somewhere else.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
How about this? It's from the same company that makes the switches (Carling Technologies).

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Nevermind. I ordered these a couple of weeks ago and realized that I hadn't received them yet. Digging into my orders, I found that the order had been canceled because they don't have any stock.

Best thing would be to go to Carling Technologies' web site and find the part number you need that find a supplier. I need some too so If I find them, I'll post here.

wan888

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Thanks Nexus!!! I'll dig into Carling to see if we can find any. The Scarab part number doesn't work with any of these suppliers. It might be a proprietory product.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Yeah, usually the Carling technologies part number is in the description but that's not the case with the ring./bushing

On the 2019 195ID , the part number in the description, for the push button switch, is P26B-1D-RND which seems to be this item:

If you go down in the page, you'll see this pdf that shows the different bushings. It looks like there is a nickel dress facenut with part number: 380-08810 I think that is the one needed.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Looking at it again, I don't think that is the correct bushing. It doesn't seem to cover much. Oh well, back to the drawing board. The only thing I can gather is that the diameter of the threaded part is 0.468 inches.

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Well, the math has to be done. The new switch thread depth/diameter has to be measured and you run with that. Since there are other dress nuts remaining on the helm console you can also grab measurements of height, and base width.